Well-loved and revered by Thais, King Bhumibol died at the age of 88. He was considered as the longest reigning monarch in the world. Although he did not smile as often as the media would wish he did, he was clearly an embodiment of modern day royalty.
His successor, Crowned Prince Maha Vajiralonkorn, is 64 years old and is the only one who may succeed King Bhumibol.
The Prince, well, he’s another story. You can’t expect the same reverence and love because he simply is a stark contrast to his father.
In fact, even when his father was still alive, he did countless bizarre things, which made him quite popular in different parts of the world.
Want to know more? Read on and be amazed at the eccentricity of Thailand’s new king!
• Prince Maha Vajiralonkorn loves crop tops! Nah, it’s not for his women, rather he loves to wear one himself. Recently, the Prince showed up at the Munich airport wearing a “kooky” white crop top covering less than 50 percent of his upper torso and showing off his fake tattoos!
• He loves women! Before you say “Awww,” with the googly eyes of someone “in love,” Prince Vajiralonkorn loves women in a negative way considering that he had three failed marriages and five children. On the other hand, King Bhumibol had one wife for 60 years. Hmmm… Genes? Definitely not!
• He loves his poodle, Foofoo, more than his wife. Do you know that during the birthday of his third wife, Princess Srirasmi, who happens to be a former bar waitress, was walking around topless. She sang for Foofoo and she was made to lie at the poolside and eat from the bowl where Foofoo was also eating.
• Appointed Foofoo as air marshall! Normally, the airforce air marshall would be a human being, but for Prince Maha Vajiralonkorn, a dog might just be better.
• Four-day funeral for a pooch. Since it wasn’t mentioned how the Prince would mourn if his wife died, the 4-day funeral that he gave to Foofoo simply shows how much he cares for his dog.
READ ALSO: Shocking photos of PH jails
• When the Prince and Srirasmi split, he imprisoned Srirasmi’s parents for 2 ½ years purportedly for “royal defamation.”
So, doesn't the new King of Thailand sound familiar?