- John Wayne Sace is in critical condition after being shot by unidentified men in Pasig City
- The actor has a history of drug use, which people think as the motive of the incident
- The matinee idol took some time off in showbiz due to “personal issues,” but is trying to revive his career
Actor John Wayne Sace is currently in critical condition after he was shot by unidentified men riding a motorcycle in Pasig City on Monday night, October 10. At the time of the incident, Sace was with a friend who was pronounced dead on arrival.
People think that the incident is due to the actor’s drug abuse. In 2015, the 25-year-old matinee idol admitted in an interview with PEP.ph that he was using drugs, but added that he can control his drug use. He even said that he knows how to self-rehab.
The actor also tried to make a comeback last year after three-year hiatus from showbiz due to “personal issues”. He was a contestant in TV5’s “Move It: Clash of the Streetdancers”. He was a product of ABS-CBN’s talent management arm Star Magic and was was once a member of the defunct ASAP boy dance group, AnimE, along with Rayver Cruz, Rodjun Cruz, Oliver Mhyco Aquino, Sergio Garcia, Emman Abeleda and Mico Aytona.
READ ALSO: Baron Geisler tests negative in drug test
He starred in Vilma Santos’ “Dekada ‘70” in 2002 and won the Best Child Performer award at the Metro Manila Film Festival.
When he was 19, he revealed that he got his non-showbiz girlfriend pregnant. The two lived together, but also separated. Their kid is with his ex-girlfriend whom he said he visits often.