Do you want to know the nitty-gritty details about the now infamous Jaybee Sebastian, a.k.a. the "Bilibid King?"
1. Jaybee Sebastian is 36 years old and also goes by the name of Palos and Niño.
2. He has not graduated from college but dropped out of school when he was already in his third year.
3. He was charged with two counts of kidnap-for-ransom and one count of carjacking. His penalty for kidnap-for-ransom was two life imprisonment and his penalty for carjacking was 17 years and four months up to 20 years imprisonment.
4. He was already captured and detained for kidnapping and car theft about 15 years ago.
5. Before he ended up at the New Bilibid Prison, he first graced the National Bureau of Investigation detention center. After one month, he was detained at the Manila City Jail.
6. He was the overall adviser of the Sigue Sigue Commando gang.
7. In 2009, he was convicted and was dispatched to the maximum security unit of New Bilibid Prison (NBP). As Commando Gang leader, he was utilized by drug lords to eliminate distributors who were not able to remit proceeds from drug sales.
8. Jaybee Sebastian ruled Bilibid between 2012-2014 where he was elected as Chairman of the “Council of Elders.” He was also elected as President of “Liga ng mga Baranggay sa Bilibid.” He also became the official Spokesperson during official functions for all the inmates of Maximum Security Prison.
9. Sebastian also heads Presidio, one of the two major groups inside NBP.
10. Sebastian had served as a government “asset” on drug syndicates in NBP that led to the December 2014 “Oplan: Galugad”raid and the transfer of 19 top gang leaders to the NBI detention center.
11. He was one of the four inmates wounded in a stabbing incident on Sept. 28 in Building 14 of NBP.