The attention that President Rodrigo Duterte has gotten over the past months for his endless tirades, uncalled for statements, and even below the belt pronouncements directed against a perceived political enemy, was unprecedented.
Some people, especially his supporters, think highly of him and regard his statements as that of somebody with “principles.” To some, such notion might be like, “Yeah, he’s really sticking to his principles to curse whenever he wants to.”
The President has clearly become unrelenting in two things – his war on drugs, and his offensive statements. People who felt either offended or those who learned to embrace his temperament took to social media to express their sentiments. Here are the most honest reactions to Duterte’s endless tirades.
1. “He on drugs?” One netizen asked whether the President is on drugs since, according to him, when Duterte opens his mouth, he sounds like a drug addict.
2. “He’s a thug.” Another netizen lined up Duterte with the infamous Kim Jong Un, Putin, Asad and other African leaders.
3. “Normal does not applaud abnormal.” One frustrated individual condemn those who support Duterte and called them as “not normal” for supporting an abnormal individual.
4. “He’s insane.” Many netizens treat Duterte as a lunatic or insane. One even asked for Obama and other world leaders to tell Duterte that he should go.
5. “Happy Slaughter of Criminals” Another concerned netizen posted a very sarcastic tweet.
6. “Mga Bastos” A certain Desquitado condemned both Duterte and his “fans” or supporters. She said that the President’s supporters are just like him – rude!
7. “Next North Korea” Because of Duterte, one netizen said the Philippines is slated to be the next North Korea, and Duterte, the next Kim Jong Un.
8. “Puro kabastosan” According to one Dicang, everything that comes out of Duterte’s mouth is clearly foul language.
9. “Nut cases” The Equalizer said Duterte and Hitler are both 100% certified nut cases. Care for some straightjacket?
10. “No idea who Hitler is.” This is totally hilarious!
With Duterte finding it hard to control his mouth, there would certainly be more reactions that we will see!