- Maine Mendoza remains to be different from the character she’s playing on Eat Bulaga named ‘Yaya Dub’
- Aside from their lifestyle, their attitude and preferences also varies
- The Kalyeserye segment of Eat Bulaga ended to pave way for Maine Mendoza’s teleserye with Alden Richards
In the middle of 2015, the noontime variety show ‘Eat Bulaga’ changed the game when they introduced their very own love team, AlDub.
But as the story progressed, Yaya Dub – who can only communicate through dubsmash at first – became the newest household name.
READ ALSO: Maine Mendoza dubs hilarious PPAP song
Both viewers and non-viewers of their segment, ‘Kalyeserye,’ were all curious to know how she is behind the camera. After all, the yaya they know on TV turns out to be a graduate from the De La Salle-College of St. Benilde which can only attest to her middle class upbringing.
Let us know more about how different Maine Mendoza is from her Kalyeserye character, Yaya Dub.
1. One of the reasons why Maine got casted for the role was because she had no qualms doing the wackiest faces. However, in real life she was admittedly an introvert who thought she had no talent at all. Watching her gain confidence over the year made fans more proud of her.
READ ALSO: 7 reasons AlDub should be together
2. Yaya Dub was abandoned to the care of her 3 funny grandmothers namely Lola Nidora, Lola Tidora, and Lola Tinidora. As for Maine, she came from a large family of 7 with 2 brothers and 2 older sisters. The newest addition in the family is her older sister’s son, Matti.
3. Maine Mendoza just released her own single just in time for her first movie with Alden Richards. Her track ‘Imagine You and Me’ shared the same title with her debut film. Yaya Dub, on the other hand, doesn’t even talk in the first place and only communicated through videos.
4. On usual days, Yaya Dub would don a simple shirt, pants, and her trademark red apron. However, Maine Mendoza was more experimental and doesn’t even mind flaunting her bod during the summer heat.
5. During Kalyeserye, we rarely see Yaya Dub bring her friends around. It was only when she started studying that she introduced her classmate played by Jake Ejercito. The case was not the same for Maine who just had a spontaneous trip to the beach with her closest friends.
6. Maine Mendoza has graced the covers of countless magazines with her own glam team. Yaya Dub was just usually armed with her infectious smile and pabebe wave.
7. Yaya Dub’s trips were only limited to the different barangays they visit for the ‘Juan for all, All for Juan’ segment and sometimes to the province. Maine doesn’t limit herself to local places and even flew to Morocco for a magazine shoot.
READ ALSO: Maine Mendoza, sexually harassed
8. It seems like Maine is winning at this battle but not this time around. Before ‘Kalyeserye’ ended, Yaya Dub and Alden were finally a couple which delighted their fans. But Maine Mendoza and her reel partner, Alden Richards just remains to be good friends.
Earlier this year, Alden was rumored to be partnered with Jennylyn Mercado for an adaption of a Koreanovela. But it was confirmed that he and Mendoza will be starring in a teleserye this 2017.