Chiqui Caedo Zuniga, owner of a 5-month old shih tzu named Chabbie, uploaded a photo of her pet and expressed her frustration on her Facebook account when the tongue of her dog was cut after bringing it to Animal House in SM Bicutan for her first grooming experience.
Zuniga posted, “Brought our baby Chabbie to Animal House at SM Bicutan this morning for her first grooming. And this is what happened. The groomer accidentally cut her tongue!!!!! Ggrrr!!!! And he said he didn't notice that it happened. Ggrrr!”
She also told the public that the internal veterinarian of Animal House gave medications for Chabbie.
“Their in-house Vet gave a tablet for pain and prescribed too antibiotics. Poor Chabbie, she is only 5 months old and is into antibiotics already. Consultation was free but they charged me the antibiotics. Tsk tsk. Chabbie's tongue will be like this for her whole life. Sniff sniff ?. Nevertheless, (I) love her so much!,” she added.
She advised all dog owners to “watch out when you have your dogs groomed, especially at Animal House SM Bicutan.”
She updated her status thirteen (13) hours ago. It says, “We just got back from Animal House Vet Hospital in Jupiter Street Makati and (sought) advice from the vet there. Since that facility was complete to address emergency situations, we found it best to go there just in case our Chabbie needed any medical procedure. And it was best there since the incident happened in one of their branches.
Sorry I couldn't answer all of your messages but we really appreciate all of your sympathies and concerns regarding the issue! Thank you so much! Also, we will push through in filing a case against Animal House - SM Bicutan Branch.
Chabbie is well and the good news is that she is in no pain and she can eat and drink.”