Shocking story toddler died from anesthesia during dental work

Shocking story toddler died from anesthesia during dental work

– 14-month-old Daisy Lynn Torres died after being brought to dentistry to get six fillings

But autopsy concluded that there was 'no indication of dental disease or pathology

– Daisy’s dentist Dr Michael Melanson was suspended indefinitely by the practice

When Betty Squier from Texas took the toddler to Austin Children's Dentistry to have a pair of cavities filled the daughter died during the procedure.

Squier says she is shocked and furious after her daughter's autopsy report published last month revealed there was nothing wrong with Daisy's baby teeth and did not need any dental work.

READ ALSO: Mother has “incredible” sex with her son and want to marry him

“One can only speculate as to why any treatment was performed considering no indication of dental disease or pathology,” wrote dental pathologist Dr. Robert G. in his review adding that the toddler's previous visit showed no decay either.

Shocking story toddler died from anesthesia during dental work

It was revealed that anesthesia caused the toddler's death.

Jason Ray, attorney for the treating dentist at Austin Children’s Dentistry said that the autopsy found no defects because Dr. Melanson removed them before the child tragically passed away and added, “The report reveals no surprises to us. A treating dentist always has the advantage of pre-treatment visual exams, clinical findings, and x-rays on the patient; as well as knowing the patient’s dental history, unlike a forensic odonatologist.”

READ ALSO: Woman forced her daughter to marry this man, but young girl never thought he would live with such a monster

During the procedure of anesthesia, the Daisy stopped breathing and went into cardiac arrest. Dr. Malenson called 911 and Daisy was rushed to a hospital.

Following the release of the forensic report, Dr Melanson was suspended indefinitely from the practice pending the conclusion of an investigation by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners.

Shocking story toddler died from anesthesia during dental work

Daisy's aunt Jessica Castaneda told the Austin-American Statesman earlier this year: “Daisy was a happy baby full of life. She had just celebrated Easter with her family. She went to the dentist. Then her mother called me and asked me to pray because something went wrong and they were taking her to the hospital. Next thing we know; we're planning funeral arrangements.”

READ ALSO: Video of men creeping into teen's room to drug her to death!

 

Related news

Scary Photos Show How A Student Was Stabbed Right Through His Cheek With Fish Burger From McDonald's

Scary Photos Show How A Student Was Stabbed Right Through His Cheek With Fish Burger From McDonald's

Scary Photos Show How A Student Was Stabbed Right Through His Cheek With Fish Burger From McDonald's