AFP on heightened alert for terror attacks in NCR, Davao, Cebu

AFP on heightened alert for terror attacks in NCR, Davao, Cebu

- The spokesperson for the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) had announced on Wednesday, August 31, that all the intelligence operatives and law enforcement agencies are on high alert especially for possible attacks to specific areas in the country

- This announcement was made following the intensified operations against the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) in Sulu

- According to AFP, this heightened alert status has been going on for a while but is part of the standard security protocols in preparation for possible diversionary tactics of the ASG

Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Spokesperson Brig. Gen. Restituto Padilla said on Wednesday, August 31, that the intelligence units and law enforcement agencies are on heightened alert for possible diversionary attacks from the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) in several areas including the National Capital Region (NCR), Davao, and Cebu.

"Hindi tayo nagpapahinga. Heightened Alert ang mga intelligence agencies, sharing information across all units," Padilla had said.

(We do not rest. The heightened alert is being observed by all intelligence agencies, sharing information across units.)

READ ALSO: Soldiers on the losing side against Abu Sayyaf; 15-4 kill tally

The announcement was made on Wednesday, following the intensified attacks on the Abu Sayyaf Groups (ASG) territories in the South, particularly in Sulu.

AFP on heightened alert for terror attacks in NCR, Davao, Cebu

AFP Spokesperson Brig. Gen Restituto Padilla warns the public of possible diversionary attacks from the Abu Sayyaf Group. (Photo credit: interaksyon.com)

 

Padilla also said that all relevant intelligence operatives in the various security and law enforcement units are inter-operating in coordinated mode regarding the situation.

The said attacks were ordered by President Rodrigo Duterte after the terror group beheaded one of its captives when no ransom was paid by the victim's family until the deadline expired.

READ ALSO: ‘Yung Norwegian, bayad na ‘yon – Duterte

"This has been going on for quite a while, it's part of our standard operating security protocols," Padilla concluded.

The heightened alert across various intelligence agencies and operatives is part of the preparedness posture of the government in the wake of the ongoing intensified pursuit of the ASG, that has exacted at least 15 dead soldiers and about 12 injured ones, so far.

RELATED: Indonesian sailor cheats death, escapes captors

Related news

Mark Zuckerberg does this trick and you should too!

Mark Zuckerberg does this trick and you should too!

Mark Zuckerberg prevents hackers by doing this simple trick and you should too!