Duterte places P2M on head of PNP drug protectors

Duterte places P2M on head of PNP drug protectors

- President Rodrigo Duterte is placing P2 million on heads of Philippine National Police (PNP) members who protect illegal drug trade

- Duterte ordered the police to step up the administration's anti-drug campaign

- Malacañang claimed victory on the anti-drug campaign's "first phase"

President Rodrigo Duterte announced on Monday that he is placing P2 million bounty on the heads of the Philippine National Police (PNP) members who are protectors of illegal drug trade in the country.

Duterte said during his speech at the Libingan ng mgaBayani: "I am placing on their head P2 million."

According to the president, his war against drugs will be bloody and that he will be "harsh as ever be." He added that he will take full responsibility for his war against drugs and he ordered the police to step up the campaign.

Duterte places P2M on head of PNP drug protectors

President Rodrigo Duterte (Photo from inquirer.net)

READ ALSO: VIDEO: Top 5 most SHOCKING summary KILLINGS under the Duterte administration

The president even said that he will go to prison for them.

President Duterte has previously named PNP top officials that are allegedly involved in illegal drugs. He tagged former Philippine National Police (PNP) deputy director Gen. Marcelo Garbo Jr., Gen. Vicente Loot, Gen. Bernardo Diaz of Police Regional Office 6, former National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Joel Pagdilao, and  former  Quezon City Police District (QCPD) chief Edgardo Tinio

He tagged former Philippine National Police (PNP) deputy director Gen. Marcelo Garbo Jr., Gen. Vicente Loot, Gen. Bernardo Diaz of Police Regional Office 6, former National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Joel Pagdilao, and  former  Quezon City Police District (QCPD) chief Edgardo Tinio.

READ ALSO: Duterte to human rights advocates: DRUG addicts are not humans!

Meanwhile, Malacañang claimed victory in the drug war's "firsts  phase" on Sunday.

According to Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar, Duterte administration's anti-drug campaign is set to enter its "second phase" which will involve rehabilitation of an estimated number of 700,000 drug users who surrendered to the police.

Andanar said during a radio interview: “The President wants to (end the drug problem) as soon as possible. The President promised that within three to six months, the problem will solved by 70 to 80 percent."

The government's drug campaign has recorded almost 2,000 lives lost barely 60 days after Duterte assumed office. - Kami Media

READ ALSO: 7 drug suspects summarily executed in ONE NIGHT in a Bulacan town

Related news

Dog Found Wearing Pants And Sweater Looking For Its Owner

Dog Found Wearing Pants And Sweater Looking For Its Owner

Dog Found Wearing Pants And Sweater Looking For Its Owner