The struggle is real when commuting. The crowd, the traffic, the hassle it brings. But you know what makes it more fun? It's the sentiments that came out of it - how people make transportation dilemmas sound like love quotes. If you are a real Filipino commuter, you surely have heard of these struggles-turned-hugots!
1. Drayber: Walang barya?
Pasahero: Yan tayo eh. Sobra sobra na nga ang binigay, pero kulang pa rin. Parang pag-ibig.
You gave everything you have. But, guess what? It’s still not enough.
2. Ang love parang bayad sa jeep. Minsan hindi nasusuklian.
When you love the person, but the person doesn’t love you back. Unrequited love it is.
3. Ang love life ko parang traffic sa EDSA – walang pag-usad.
They say nothing lasts forever. But you proved them wrong because you have been stuck on the road for four hours already and it feels like ages.
4. Drayber: Ilan dito sa 20?
Pasahero: Dalawa po. Isang manhid at isang nagmamahal ng palihim.
Which is or worse – to be loved by someone who you didn’t love back or to be in love with someone who did not reciprocate?
5. Huwag mo nang ipagpilitan. Masasaktan ka lang.
There’s a long line for the MRT because it’s rush hour. You manage to get in but the train won’t close because it’s already full.
Don’t force yourself. Keep in mind that there are other trains, and the right one shall come.
6. Makakapili ka ng lugar na uupuan mo, pero hindi mo mapipili ang taong uupo sa tabi mo... Ganyan ang senaryo sa jeep... Ganyan din ang pag-ibig...Lalong 'di mo kontrolado kung kailan siya bababa.
You will never get to choose who you’ll meet. More so, you can never predict who will leave and who will stay.
7. At minsan kelangan mo nag sumigaw ng, “Manonggg! Parrrraaa!” dahil sadyang hanggang dun na lang talaga. Know when to stop kapag alam mong mali na.
Knowing when to hold on and when to let go.
- Kami Media