- Since the weekend swiftly came to an end, here are some quotes from Philippine movies that might help motivate you for the coming days
- The notable lines were taken from the movies of some of the hottest love teams of this generation; KathNiel, JaDine, and LizQuen
- While some relate to your daily struggles, others offer you friendly reminders that will surely help
With Monday arriving so soon yet again (seriously, can’t it wait even just a bit?), students and the labor force alike have no choice but to leave the comfort of their bed and rush to their respective schools and offices.
Since the weekend hangover remains to be looming overhead, here are 9 noteworthy quotes from the Kapamilya network’s famous love teams that would surely provide you enough punch for the week and unleash the spirit animal residing in you.
Own the following days to come!
KathNiel: Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla
1. Self-love and appreciation are the key ingredients to having a good day (hopefully, a week) ahead. Make sure to welcome the dreaded Monday (or Tuesday, better if every day) morning with it!
“Ang tunay na pag-ibig, hindi naman natin makikita sa mata ng iba ‘yan eh, o kung paano nila tayo nakikita. Ang tunay na pag-ibig ay nanggagaling sa kung paano natin minamahal ang mga sarili natin. Dahil kung mahal mo ang sarili mo, mas makikita ka rin ng taong mahal mo.” – Patchot, ‘Must Be Love’ (2013)
2. When you’ve been working non-stop and it’s about time you focus on your well-being.
“Parati mo sinasabi sa akin na isipin yung ibang tao. Kailan naman ‘yung ikaw? Hindi pwedeng bigay lang ng bigay, Kiko. Mauubos ka rin.” – Jackie, ‘Crazy Beautiful You’ (2015)
3. Not sure whether to take the risk? What’s there to lose?
“Pwede bang kahit isang beses lang, huwag kang gumawa ng kung anu-anong rason. Tumaya ka lang. Kung masasaktan tayo, eh di masaktan. Parte yun ng pagmamahal, ‘di ba? Kahit isang beses lang sa buhay mo, ayaw mo bang maging matapang?” – Kenji, ‘She’s Dating The Gangster’ (2014)
JaDine: James Reid and Nadine Lustre
4. Remind yourself daily that all your hard work will soon bear fruit to your dreams.
“Sabihin mo nga sa akin, may bagay ka na bang nakamit sa sarili mong pagsisikap? May bagay ka na bang nakuha sa sarili mong pawis at paghihirap?” – Eya, ‘Diary Ng Panget: The Movie’ (2014)
5. If you don’t want to do it, say ‘no.’ Don’t allow yourself to be easily swayed by the flow and hold your ground, especially if it goes against your morals.
“A strong denial is a strong confirmation.” – Top, ‘Talk Back And You’re Dead’ (2014)
6. When forever is trying to prove its existence to you through EDSA (or anywhere) traffic.
“Ang love parang traffic; minsan kung saan-saan ka sumusuot para makaiwas pero makakarating din sa destination.” – Ava, ‘This Time’ (2016)
LizQuen: Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil
7. Dedication is a must if you want to succeed – and yes, sometimes it entails around the clock work.
“I wanna know your secrets so bad, I’m gonna be with you 24/7.” – Drake, ‘Just The Way You Are’ (2015)
8. But the most important aspect in life must not be left unnoticed. Try to figure out which one is for you.
“If that one thing never changes, even how many times the world keeps spinning, you should never let go of that.” – Audrey, ‘Everyday I Love You’ (2015)
9. Here’s a tip for the previous item: Make sure to still spend some time with your loved ones and treasure them every day.
“Every day that you’ve been a part of my life is every day I love you.” – Ethan, ‘Everyday I Love You’ (2015)
The on-screen partners (while some have openly admitted to be dating in real life) had their fair share of blockbuster hits that left a mark on their audience’s hearts.