No Filipino Casualty from Japan Earthquakes

No Filipino Casualty from Japan Earthquakes

There are still no reports of any Filipino casualties from the recent earthquakes in Japan, the Department of Foreign Affairs said.

DFA spokesperson Charles Jose said in text message to the Inquirer:  "According to our consulate general in Osaka, there are so far no reports of Filipino casualties in the Japan quake. There are around 220,000 Filipinos in Japan.

With only two days of interval, two earthquakes struck Japan, damaging more than 700 homes, injuring at least 968 people, and causing at least 41 casualties in total, according to CNN.

A 6.2 earthquake hit the Ueki City last thursday, collapsing buildings and destroying bridges. Last Saturday, an even stronger earthquake with a 7.0 magnitude hit the region.

Rescue efforts are currently under way.

Related news

Puwede tayo maging BFF? Duterte invites Donald Trump to come visit the Philippines in 2017

Puwede tayo maging BFF? Duterte invites Donald Trump to come visit the Philippines in 2017

Puwede tayo maging BFF? Duterte invites Donald Trump to come visit the Philippines in 2017