- A former government employee won the Megalotto 6/45 jackpot prize without knowing it for two weeks
- It was only when he went to another betting station that he knew he was the winner of July 29's prize worth 31 million
- Megalotto is one of the services by the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office
A resident from Imus, Cavite would not have any idea that he is the winner of the Megalotto 6/45 jackpot money worth P31 million if he did not check the lotto results and placed another bet two weeks after he supposedly won.
The unnamed 64-year-old father from Cavite won the jackpot prize worth P31,175,776 on July 29 of this year for placing bets on the computer-generated combination 17-05-21-41-36-09.
He placed his winning P20 bet at a Lotto station in Imus, Cavite.
It was only on August 12 when the father of seven claimed his prize money at the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) in Mandaluyong City, exactly 14 days after his winning date.
READ ALSO: Rags vendor hits P94M jackpot
He said that he hurriedly went home after learning the news to tell his wife. Both were surprised and amazed.
“I only told my wife about it. I was so shocked; I can’t believe it,” the winner told PCSO General Manager Jose Ferdinand Rojas II.
Furthermore, in his conversation with the PCSO manager, it was discovered that the winner is a former member of the government who had been betting on lotto since 2006.
The couple is planning to share their winning money with their seven children as a sort of heritage. The rest will be used for the expenses of the family.
It can be recalled that in the past week, another Cavite-based citizen who is a former construction worker in Saudi Arabia won almost P111-milyon jackpot prize from Lotto 6/42.
The lotto became a hit after it was started in 1995 during the incumbency of then Chairman Manuel L Morato. Its popularity was untouchable despite strong opposition from certain quarters. However, it is not the only service offered by the PCSO.
PCSO also provides medical and dental services as well as assistance to Filipino individuals and families. -Kami Media
READ ALSO: Duterte wants a “killer” to head PCSO?