Electrocution incident in Pangasinan killed family of 5

Electrocution incident in Pangasinan killed family of 5

- Five members of the family was killed in Malasiqui town in Pangasinan after being electrocuted inside their own residence

- The dead bodies of the mother and two children were found holding a galvanized iron wire

- Investigators said that a badly plugged appliance was caught by the metal wire which caused the electrocution and death of the whole family

A family of five was found dead in their house in a village in Malasiqui town in Pangasinan province after they were electrocuted inside their house last Monday night, August 15.

Electrocution incident in Pangasinan killed family of 5

electrocution (Photo from gma)

According to Malasiqui Police Chief Superintendent Roland Sacyat, the dead bodies of couple Ariel Colarco and Rochelle Mendoza, and their children Gleann, Henry, and Michael were found sprawled lying on the floor in their own house in Barangay Bacundao East at around 8:05 in the evening.

REA ALSO: Find out why Kim Domingo told her boyfriend to limit social media posts about them

Based on the police investigations, Sacyat said that Rochelle Mendoza may have been installing an iron-wired clothesline inside their house during that time because her dead body was found with a galvanized iron wire still intact her hands.

Further, investigators said that it was possible that a badly plugged appliance was caught by the metal wire Rochelle was using for the clothesline.

Two of the children was found beside the body of Rochelle and Sacyat said that the children may have attempted to pull their mother to save her, however, they also died in the process.

READ ALSO: This baby is about to have free Cebu Pacific flights for life! Find out why

Moreover, the dead bodies of Ariel and the other child were found in another place of the house, also holding the other end of the wire.

In Bayambang town in Pangasinan, another person was killed while five others were injured after an electrocution incident as well.

The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council posted a report stating that the incident happened in Barangay Iniringan in Bayambang last Sunday at around 6:45 in the evening.

The initial investigation found that Pedro Pacubas, who was injured after the incident, accidentally touched the electric service wire of the Central Pangasinan Electric Cooperative (CENPELCO) as he was trying to fix the rope of his cow.

READ ALSO: Unexpected reprieve from the turbulent storm

The wire fell to the ground and injured Benjie Pacubas, Vilma Pacubas, Briana Joy Pacubas, and Zaldy Valdez, while it caused the death of Bramwell Espejo Salvio.

The five injured were rushed to the Bayambang District Hospital in order to receive proper treatment. Kami Media

 

Related news

12 Iranian Fashion Bloggers JAILED For 'Spreading Western Culture'

12 Iranian Fashion Bloggers JAILED For 'Spreading Western Culture'

12 Iranian Fashion Bloggers JAILED For 'Spreading Western Culture'