- Sharks are brutal death machines and any confrontation with one is most likely to end grievously.
- These are some of the most vicious shark attacks in recent history
- Some victims had to react quickly and got away by the skin of their teeth, while others weren't that lucky
1. Back in 1963, this man Rodney Fox, was in a spear-fishing contest when he became the victim of a shark attack. Not just any shark but the great white shark. The gruesome attack left his lungs, stomach and many of his bones exposed.
2. Rob Howes and three female lifeguards were out for a sim when they noticed how unusual the dolphins around them were behaving. Rob soon saw an enormous great white behind the dolphins. It seemed as if the dolphins were protecting the humans from becoming sharkfood.
3. 13-year-old Bethany was out surfing when a shark snapped the board right out under her, tearing her arm off in the process. Bethany lost nearly 60% of her blood and almost died. She didn’t lose hope and has returned to surfing. There was a movie called “Soul Surfer” (2011) about the incident.
4. Sydney Levy was surfing with her mother when a shark grabbed her and dragged her underneath the surface. Her mother’s quick reactions saved her life. Another stroke of luck as rescuers only found them in time because of another shark attack in the area just minutes prior to Sydney’s.
5. Pro surfer Joshua Holley was bit by the dangerous tiger shark when he was surfing a Hawaii beach. He was aware of what to do in this scenario, so the surfer punched the shark twice in the nose with what strength he had. He required 42 stitches to his foot, but otherwise he left unscathed.
6. In 2012, Russel Eaton, an underwater photographer was attacked by a shark when he was performing a photo shoot. Russel reacted quickly and pushed his camera into the predator’s jaws and swam away quickly.
7. A pregnant lifeguard was attacked on Florida beach. She survived the ordeal but required about a 100 stitches to her leg.
8. Pro-surfer Mick Fanning was competing in the Open World Surf League in South Africa when a great shark attacked his surfboard, taking a large chunk out of the board. Mick reacted quickly enough to punch the shark in the nose and escape.
9. Little Elio Canestri, 13, was a champion surfer and everybody had high hopes for the young athlete. However his career was abruptly ended when he was eaten by a shark in France.
10. Famous actress Marcia Hathaway was the victim of a vicious shark attack in the waters of Sydney Harbor. She was saved by her boyfriend but sadly her injuries were too much and she passed away at the age of 32.
READ ALSO: Run red lights and the streets run red!