Rama eager for investigation to prove Duterte’s allegations false

Rama eager for investigation to prove Duterte’s allegations false

- Earlier on Sunday, August 7, President Rodrigo Duterte named officials allegedly being involved with illegal drug activities

- Former Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama, who was named by Duterte, was very much shocked when he learned he was part of Duterte’s list

- Rama denies the allegations and is ready to prove his innocence by turning himself to the police

After Duterte named the former Cebu City Mayor as being linked to illegal drug trade, Michael Rama stood in shock as he did not expect to be on the list.

Rama eager for investigation to prove Duterte’s allegations false

(Photo from LITO TECSON/CEBU DAILY NEWS)

The former mayor told the press that he was disappointed. He said he couldn’t be a pusher or even a protector of druggies.

‘I’m very much saddened about what the President uttered. In my own view, it’s very much untrue. I am not a drug addict. The more I can’t be a pusher, worse a drug protector,’ Rama said in a press conference.

READ ALSO: What kind of reactions did Duterte’s roll of narco-personalities bring? Find out here

He went on to explain that he didn’t have anyone to protect given that he had little control over the police and the regional director during his time as the mayor.

To prove Duterte wrong, Rama promises to turn himself to the authorities.

‘I’ve always maintained to be a law-abiding citizen, standing by the rule of law. Wherever they ask me to be at, I’ll be there. I’m very much eager to undergo an investigation to clear the air of doubts and so that justice and truth will prevail,’ the former mayor said.

He told the press he did not have any money; he would buy his own ticket to any location to prove his innocence.

READ ALSO: FVR takes the first step to mending fences with China

According to the former mayor, he was sleeping when his family woke him up to tell him he was named by Duterte as being linked to illegal drug trade.

However, even with all the news about vigilante killings, Rama is confident that he could walk around without any security. He just asked for prayers.

However, Rama says he will spport the President and his war on drugs. The president, he said, could be wrong as it was just a list given to him.

‘I’m shocked and deeply saddened. I know him to be God-fearing and a law-abiding citizen. The President could be wrong. It was a list just given to him,’ he said.

READ ALSO: Netizens react as Duterte approves Marcos’ hero burial

Rama was mayor of Cebu City for 6 years from 2010-2016, when he lost to Tomas Osmeña. - Kami Media

 

 

 

Related news

Foiled kidnapping! Brave young woman fights off kidnappers and escapes their clutches

Foiled kidnapping! Brave young woman fights off kidnappers and escapes their clutches

Foiled kidnapping! Brave young woman fights off kidnappers and escapes their clutches