Celebrities also reacted and voiced out their opinions about President Rodrigo Duterte’s first State of the Nation Address (SONA) via Twitter.
Here are some of them:
1. Vice Ganda said in his tweet that he, as an ordinary citizen, would continue to pray that God would help Duterte do his job well. It was liked more than 10,000 times as of writing.
2. Coleen Garcia, on the other hand, posted several tweets about the President’s SONA. One of her tweets stated that the speech was "simple, straightforward, and sincere." Another tweet said that she has so much love and respect for Duterte because he has shown, so far, to be such a wonderful leader. She added that the first SONA makes her hopeful not only for the country but also for the people. She finished it by saying that we should do our part to make the president’s vision a reality since the “leaders can only do so much.” All of her tweets got more than a thousand likes each.
3. Singer Mark Bautista commended Duterte’s plan of installing fast wi-fi in strategic areas.
4. On the other hand, Aiza Seguerra praised Bayang Barrios for singing the National Anthem even though there were some technical issues. She posted it on Facebook.
5. Actresses Ruffa Gutierrez and Sunshine Cruz also posted their tweets regarding Duterte's speech.
Comedians Kimpoy Feliciano and Ethel Booba were also fast to inject some humor.
6. Kimpoy said that the lowering of personal and corporate income taxes would mean more pocket money for them.
7. On the other hand, Ethel reminded everyone to call 8888 – and not text – for corruption complaints. She said that texting the number might register you in Globe’s unlimited service. The giant company uses the same number for their text and call services.
The SONA was delivered on Monday, July 25, at around 4p.m.
Do you know of any more celebrity who voiced out his or her views about the speech? Tell us about it in the comments section. - Kami Media