Wedding photoshoot gone wrong!

Wedding photoshoot gone wrong!

- Johnny and Laura Benson were in the middle of their wedding photoshoot when a rattlesnake jumped and bit the groom

- The couple was brought to the hospital and thankfully, the snake did not inject venom on the bite

- They were able to make it to the reception with only an hour of tardiness

Wedding photoshoot gone wrong!

(c) Maddie Mae via francais-express.com

Weddings easily make it into the list of the memorable occasions in a lifetime. They are expected to be a day filled with love, affection, and a good start for the rest of the married couple’s life – and naturally, it turns out that way. Johnny and Laura Benson’s momentous event started that way until an uninvited guest decided to inject some thrill into their day.

The happy couple was gamely posing for their wedding snaps after the ceremony. They opted to have their photoshoot with nature as they walked on the dirt trail at the Horsetooth Reservoir in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Not wanting to violate any rules, the Benson couple stayed on the beaten path. However, it was clearly not what their gate crasher wished for as it took matters into its own hands (or scales), taking a little detour on its trip.

READ ALSO: VIDEO: Snake is skinned & beheaded by chef; what it does 16 hrs later will freak you out!

Wedding photoshoot gone wrong!

(c) Maddie Mae via foxnews.com

Just only about 50 feet away from the parking lot, a rattlesnake jumped up and attacked the poor groom. Johnny recalled that it felt similar being kicked on his nether region. Checking the situation, he looked down and surprisingly saw a rattlesnake.

But it seems that they were still favored by fate as a Larimer County Park Ranger was driving by the scene. The couple was able to ask for immediate assistance and the park ranger provided first aid, elevating Johnny’s leg in the process.

Laura phoned for paramedics, and the photographer? Well, she was doing a good job in documenting the series of events. Despite being worried for Johnny’s injury, the couple still managed to be all smiles during the entire incident.

Wedding photoshoot gone wrong!

(c) Maddie Mae via francais-express.com

READ ALSO: WATCH: Woman provokes snake; its reaction will make you scream

Upon the paramedics’ arrival, the couple had to cut their photoshoot short as it was deemed necessary to bring the groom to a hospital to check the seriousness of the bite – if the rattlesnake was able to inject venom.

Fortunately, they did not have to call off the rest of their wedding day as diagnosis showed that it was only a dry bite. Johnny had only received a required tetanus shot and was free to return to his groom duties for the day.

The couple made it back to the reception, receiving a warm welcome from their guests and was only an hour late.

Wedding photoshoot gone wrong!

(c) Maddie Mae via buzzfeed.com

RELATED: WATCH: Man touches anaconda; what happens next won’t make you sleep

Related news

Dog Found Wearing Pants And Sweater Looking For Its Owner

Dog Found Wearing Pants And Sweater Looking For Its Owner

Dog Found Wearing Pants And Sweater Looking For Its Owner