Man stuck inside elevator saved after seven hours

Man stuck inside elevator saved after seven hours

- A man got spent seven hours inside an elevator of the sixth floor of a burning building.

- Firemen had to use a chemical to help put out the fire.

- Another man was also rescued.

Several firemen rescued an individual who got stuck inside an elevator of a burning establishment in Pasig City, Saturday morning.

Jovil Ong, a plant head supervisor, expresses his thanks the firemen who rescued him after spending seven hours inside an elevator in the sixth floor of Verizon Building, located at J. Caparas Street, Barangay Ugong.

"Huwag kang mawalan ng pag-asa sa mga nagre-rescue (Don’t lose hope in the rescuers)," he said.

READ: WATCH: Singapore Airlines plane on fire!

The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) said that the rescue was not an easy feat. The firemen had to use an aerial platform in order to reach the sixth floor of the burning building. They also needed to throw in a chemical that would help hasten in putting the fire out. The fire reached the fifth alarm. The family of Ong was overwhelmed when they saw him come out of the building together with the firemen. The rescue operation was successfully concluded before 6 o’clock this morning. It is estimated that the total damages would reach up to P5 million. The fire started around 10 o’clock at the evening of Friday.

The sixth floor serves as a bodega for a garments factory, making it difficult to put out the fire. There are several things in that particular area that immediately catches fire.

READ: Singapore flag burning is a joke, Duterte

While the other firemen were putting out the fire, the rest continued to spray water in the elevator’s surroundings to help Ong.

Ong is an employee of the said building. He said that he chose to use the elevator because the door leading to the building’s stairs was already closed.

Another employee was also rescued. On the other hand, two other firemen were also given medical attention.

The fire was declared under control around 6 o’clock Saturday morning.

Investigations with regard to the cause of the fire are still undergoing.



Related news
From ulam to langgam: Jennica Garcia's Baby Mori prefers playing with stones than toys

From ulam to langgam: Jennica Garcia's Baby Mori prefers playing with stones than toys

Jennica Garcia shares how Baby Mori play with stones that change from being 'ulam' to 'langgam'
Mailfire view pixel