JV Ejercito posts P6,000 bail at Sandiganbayan

JV Ejercito posts P6,000 bail at Sandiganbayan

- The Ombudsman previously charged Senator Joseph Victor “JV” Ejercito for the alleged anomalous purchase of high-powered firearms back in 2008 when he was still San Juan City mayor

 - JV Ejercito entered a not guilty plea and maintained his innocence

 - The senator recently posted Php 6,000 bail for his temporary release

JV Ejercito posts P6,000 bail at Sandiganbayan

(Photo from interaksyon.com)

Senator Joseph Victor “JV” Ejercito posted his bail worth Php 6,000 before the Sandiganbayan at around 2:00 p.m. today, June 22 for his temporary and conditional liberty, in connection with his technical malversation charge.

The senator proceeded to the Sandiganbayan Sixth Division for the booking procedure after his arrival. He posted bail following the promulgation of a resolution finding probable cause to try him and outgoing San Juan City Vice Mayor Francis Zamora.

Ejercito's five other co-accused are former San Juan City Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) members, namely, city budget officer Lorenza Ching, city administrator Ranulfo Dacalos, , city Attorney Romualdo Delos Santos, city engineer Danilo Mercardo, and treasurer Rosalinda Marasigan.

READ ALSO: Sandigan declines Revilla’s request to attend Senate session

The anti-graft court said that it found probable cause after a thorough investigation.

“The Court finds that the grounds raised by the herein accused in support of their assertions in their motions that there was no probable cause to indict them for technical malversation in the procurement of subject firearms… are but matters of defense that are best addressed during the trial of this case,” the court said.

 “Let warrant of arrest be issued against all the accused,” it added.

Zamora also posted his P6,000 bail for technical malversation charge before noon today.

READ ASLO: Sandiganbayan denies Jinggoy’s motions to leave

The issue stemmed from his alleged anomalous purchase of high-powered firearms in the amount of Php. 2.1 million as San Juan City Mayor in 2008 using the money from the government’s calamity fund. It should be noted, however, that the city is not under a state of calamity that time.

The Ombudsman alleged that the purchase of the firearms was done “with haste without competitive bidding and without any post-qualification, bolstered by bid documents bearing dates earlier than the publication of the invitation to bid, showing that an unwarranted benefit, advantage and preference was accorded to the supplier.”

RELATED: Sandigan calls for JV Ejercito’s arrest

 

Related news

Pilot Was At Fault When Bin Laden's Family Was Killed In His Private Jet In Surrey

Pilot Was At Fault When Bin Laden's Family Was Killed In His Private Jet In Surrey

Pilot Was At Fault When Bin Laden's Family Was Killed In His Private Jet In Surrey