What was supposed to be a happy trip for Mohd Rohizan Mohd Radzi and his three-year-old son to buy some toys at a mall took a sad turn when the boy’s penis got stuck in the escalator of a supermarket located in Bagan Serai, Malaysia.
“We had just arrived at the mall and my son was impatient. He let go of my hand and ran towards the escalator on his own. I couldn’t stop him in time, but he has always been like this when he is excited about something. He can’t wait for me to walk with him,” the 22-year-old Mohd Rohizan narrated the incident which occurred on Monday.
Just as Mohd Rohizan was about to take the escalator to reach the mall’s third floor to buy his son some toys, he heard his son scream loudly.
“I was so shocked. I didn’t expect anything like this to happen,” the father explained.
Fortunately, a man who was beside the boy when his pants got stuck in the escalator was able to help by immediately pressing the stop button and preventing further injury to the child.
The three-year-old boy was taken right away to the Taiping Hospital to receive medical treatment after being released by the Fire and Rescue Department from getting stuck in the supermarket escalator.
According to Mohd Rohizan, the boy’s injuries were quite serious, with the top and bottom side of his penis scraped during the horrible accident.
“They still can’t tell me if they could sew back the torn part of his penis,” the father lamented.
However, the father added that the child could still urinate normally. The boy also has to undergo follow-up visits to a specialist to treat his injuries and to make sure that there are no other health complications from the unexpected incident at the mall.
RELATED: Teen dies after scaring parents