Duterte defers implementation of child car seat law after much public clamor; MVIS unnecessary anymore
- Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque revealed that President Rodrigo Duterte has already deferred the implementation of the contentious child car seat law
- The motor vehicle inspection system (MVIS), which would impose additional charges on car owners for the new and more stringent inspection is not necessary anymore
- The President considered that there is still a pandemic that is ongoing
- Before the announcement, both the Child Car Seat Law and the PMVIS were heavily criticized by the public as well as by a number of senators
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said on Thursday that the President has decided to defer the implementation of the child car seat law in light of the pandemic.
ABS-CBN News stated that the exact words as enunciated by Roque were: "Nagdesisyon na po ang ating Presidente. Ipinagpaliban po o deferred ang implementasyon ng child car seats."
With regards to the PMVIS, it will not be mandatory anymore. This means that car registration will not entail additional fees.
Previously, it was revealed that the PMVIS would impose an initial inspection fee of P1,800, as per Rappler. If the vehicle does not pass the initial test, it will charge another P900 for the second test.
PAY ATTENTION: Shop with KAMI! The best offers and discounts on the market, product reviews and feedback
The Child Car Seat Law states that children 12 years old and below will be required to be put on car seats. The Child Safety in Motor Vehicles Act was signed by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte in February last year.
PAY ATTENTION: Don't miss the hottest Philippine news and celebrity gossip! Follow KAMI.com.ph on Twitter!
Some prominent personalities took to social media to contradict President Rodrigo Duterte’s recent speech. The President earlier addressed claims that his daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte, will run for the presidency in 2022. In a statement during the inauguration of Skyway 3, he expressed that the presidency is not for women. Celebrities like Angelica Panganiban, Karen Davila and Agot Isidro then contradicted the said statement.
Frankie Pangilinan once again made President Rodrigo Duterte the subject of her recent tweet. She reposted some photos of the politician where he was seen holding an identification card. The daughter of Sharon Cuneta also showed an up-close photo of the ID that the chief executive was holding. According to Frankie, she will go for “Oust Dela Cruz” after seeing the recent photo of Duterte.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!