- President Rodrigo Duterte named several lawmakers whom he said were allegedly involved in corruption
- He added though that there is no hard evidence against the said lawmakers
- The list was made by the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC)
- Some of the names that were included in the list were former actor Alfred Vargas and Geraldine Roman
President Rodrigo Duterte, on Monday, revealed the names of alleged "corrupt" lawmakers that were in the list of the PACC.
Inquirer reported that the President also mentioned that the public must be aware that "there is no hard evidence."
He added that the lawmakers could not be adjudged guilty by simply reading their names.
He also pointed out that they are presumed innocent until a judgment of conviction or acquittal.
Some of the lawmakers that were mentioned by the President were Quezon City 5th District Rep. Alfredo Paolo Vargas, ACT-CIS party-list Rep. Eric Yap, and Bataan 1st District Rep. Geraldine Roman.
Other personas tagged in the report were the following:
- Occidental Mindoro Rep. Josephine Sato
- Former Ifugao Rep. Teodoro Baguilat Jr.
- Misamis Occidental 2nd District Rep. Henry Oaminal
- Isabela 4th District Rep. Alyssa Sheena P. Tan
- Northern Samar 1st District Rep. Paul Daza
- Quezon 4th District Rep. Angelina Helen Tan
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte addressed the nation on Monday, December 28, 2020. He announced the new quarantine classification to be followed in the country from January 1-31. The chief executive said that Metro Manila will still be under General Community Quarantine.
PRRD went home to Davao City to celebrate Christmas with his loved ones. His daughter, Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, shared a photo showing the president eating with his former wife, Elizabeth Zimmerman. According to Harry Roque, there is no confirmation yet if Duterte will celebrate the New Year in Davao City as well.
One of the things he talked about was the brutal killing of two unarmed civilians in Tarlac. The chief executive learned that the suspect was a police officer named Jonel Nuezca.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!