- The granddaughter of Sonya Gregorio, Alyssa Calosing, granted an interview to Kabayan Noli de Castro
- She recounted how her uncle Frank Anthony was drunk and was doing the "boga"
- He was told to stop by another member of their family because the policeman, Jonel Nuezca, already came out, but he said that he was in his territory
- Thereafter, Nuezca came, allegedly punched Anton, and tried to arrest Frank, which was why Lola Sonya came and embraced Anton, protecting him
- She said that after the incident, Nuezca just walked away as if nothing happened
Alyssa Calosing, the granddaughter of Lola Sonya Gregorio, granted an interview to Kabayan Noli de Castro over DZMM.
She was the one who bravely took the video of the whole incident.
One of the things that she mentioned was that Frank Anthony, doing the "boga" was in their home, within their property, when Jonel Nuezca came.
The policeman wanted to arrest Frank and that was when Lola Sonya tried to embrace and protect his son from being taken away by Nuezca.
"Yumakap na po siya kay Kuya Frank kasi aarestuhin daw po ng pulis. Pilit po siyang binibitbit. Napunit na nga po yung short niya, pero si Lola Sonya, ayaw niya pong bitawan."
At that point, the video started running, and that was when Lola Sonya and Frank Anthony were shot. Thereafter, Alyssa recounted how Nuezca acted.
"Kinuha niya po yung anak niya tapos naglakad lang po sila na parang wala lang..."
Issues have hounded the Philippine National Police (PNP). Before the Gregorio issue, many stories concerning "police brutality" have made rounds online. A case in point was that of Corporal Winston Ragos.
The Philippine Army Chief already ordered the launch of an investigation on the death of Corporal Winston Ragos who, with his arms up in the air, and upon bringing it down was shot by policemen at a checkpoint. His sling bag did not contain any gun or any weapon, as per the statement of his relative. The PA, on the other hand, as per its statement, it also mentioned that the wounds of a soldier are not merely physical but also mental.
An incident in Quiapo Church also caught the attention of social media users. Two police officers took away the protest materials while the mass was ongoing.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!