- Rep. Mikey Arroyo’s proposal that the 2022 Elections should be postponed because voters are scared of COVID-19 was slammed by some celebrities
- Kean Cipriano said on social media that the people’s right to vote should not be denied
- Gretchen Ho shared that she is not scared of voting even if there is an ongoing pandemic
- Nikki Valdez pointed out that people won’t be scared to vote since they did not get scared to take photos at the rehabilitated Manila Bay
- Jason Abalos said in jest that it isn’t the 2022 Election that should be canceled but one of the politicians there
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
Rep. Mikey Arroyo received some backlash after he proposed that the 2022 Elections should be postponed because voters are scared of COVID-19.
KAMI learned that Arroyo’s request was slammed online by a few celebrities in the Philippines.
They include singer Kean Cipriano, TV reporter Gretchen Ho, and actors Nikki Valdez and Jason Abalos.
Kean said that the people’s right to vote should not be denied; Gretchen shared that she is not scared of voting amid a pandemic; Nikki pointed out that people won’t be scared to vote since they did not get scared to take photos at the rehabilitated Manila Bay; and Jason joked that it isn’t the 2022 Election that should be canceled but one of the politicians there.
PAY ATTENTION: Shop with KAMI! The best offers and discounts on the market, product reviews and feedbacks
Kean Cipriano: “NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS OUR RIGHT TO VOTE!! Why not try to just focus on finding solutions to get us out of this pandemic instead of postponing the 2022 elections. Because every Filipino deserves good leadership. It’s been 7 months! C’mon.”
Gretchen Ho: “Sinong takot? Not me.”
Nikki Valdez: “Nope. Di nga natakot magpapicture sa pekeng white sand nung nagbukas eh. Bumoto pa kaya?! Kalokohan.”
Jason Abalos: “Cancel daw 2022 election dahil pandemya, sa pampangga nag mula. Cancel nyo nga yang nakaupo na yan sarap na sarap sa pwesto.”
Gretchen Ho is a television host and former volleyball player in the Philippines. She played volleyball for the Ateneo Lady Eagles from 2008 to 2013. Her popularity rose when she became a co-host on Umagang Kay Ganda, TV Patrol, and The Score.
She went viral online months ago due to her friendship with Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto. Many netizens commented that Gretchen and Vico seem to be a good fit for each other.
When the mayor was summoned by the NBI for his COVID-19 initiatives, Gretchen was one of the public figures who defended him. Gretchen Ho tweeted: “wrong move” and “It’s really #AprilFoolsDay.”
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!