- The Food and Drug Administration recently issued a warning to the public against several products
- It said that there are food and food supplements that are considered as “unregistered”
- One of these “violative” products is the popular Reno brand liver spread
- FDA Director Erik Domingo said that his staff checked their database and they could not find the name of the said product
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned the public on Wednesday about buying and eating the popular liver spread brand “Reno.”
KAMI learned that the said product, along with 4 others, is tagged as unregistered and has no corresponding Certificate of Product Registration.
The said information was released by the said agency through its official website.
Aside from Reno brand liver spread, the following food and food supplements are considered by the FDA as unregistered:
- Miracle White (Advance whitening capsules food supplement)
- Turcumin (100% natural & standardized turmeric curcumin)
- Desa (Spanish style bangus in corn oil)
- Samantha’s Dips and Sauce (Spanish sardines paste sauce)
It is stated in the Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009 that it is not allowed to manufacture, import, export, sell, offer for sale, distribute, transfer, promote any health product without proper authorization.
Eric Domingo, the director of the said government agency, admitted that he and his staff were surprised after not seeing Reno liver spread in their database.
He said that the popular product may have been overlooked since it has been on the market since 1958.
“So in the many years, hindi siguro siya napapansin until one of our regulatory agents decided to counter check,” he quipped.
“At nung sinabi nila ito actually pina-double check at triple check natin at nung nakita nila, hindi talaga nila mahanap sa ating data base ng mga registered food products," he added.
PAY ATTENTION: Shop with KAMI! The best offers and discounts on the market, product reviews and feedback
The Food and Drug Administration is the national health product regulatory agency that was created by virtue of Republic Act 3720.
A few weeks ago, it warned the people against the use of valved masks as protection from the novel coronavirus disease.
A manufacturer of processed meat in the Philippines also questioned last year the decision of the said agency to ban meat products.
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!