- The province of Masbate was jolted by a magnitude 6.6 earthquake early in the morning today
- It was so powerful that many nearby towns and provinces were able to feel the shake
- A few hours since the destructive quake hit, two strong earthquakes were also recorded by PHIVOLCS
- One struck at 4 in the afternoon while the other quake happened at 9 in the evening
- Earthquakes often happen in the Philippines since it is located along the so-called “Pacific Ring of Fire”
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) recorded two strong earthquakes in Cataingan, Masbate on Tuesday afternoon.
KAMI learned that the said powerful quakes were aftershocks of the magnitude 6.6 earthquake that hit the said province early morning of August 18.
A magnitude 4.2 earthquake occurred at 4 in the afternoon in the same town. People were still shocked when it hit.
A few hours later, at 9:55 in the evening, a 3.8 magnitude aftershock jolted the province again. It made a lot of residents worried since there were establishments that got damaged already by the first quake.
Several videos and photos of the damage that the said catastrophe brought were uploaded on social media. They serve as proof of how powerful the earthquake was.
PAY ATTENTION: Shop with KAMI now! The best offers and discounts on the market, product reviews and feedback
The Philippines is often hit by strong earthquakes since it lives along the so-called “Pacific Ring of Fire.” A few years ago, Filipinos were alerted that a “big one” might soon happen.
It was reported that a retired police died due to the 6.6-magnitude earthquake in Masbate. More than 20 people were also injured because of the catastrophe.
Many netizens also claimed that the oarfish that was caught in Agusan had something to do with the earthquake that rocked Cataingan town in Masbate.
POPULAR: Read more news about earthquakes!
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!