- President Rodrigo Duterte announced the new community quarantine classification of Metro Manila
- The President reverted the National Capital Region (NCR) and its nearby provinces to general community quarantine (GCQ)
- He also reminded the people to still follow the quarantine protocols and be careful
- Under the GCQ, more industries will be allowed to open and even religious services
President Rodrigo Duterte accepted the proposal of the Inter-Agency Task Force to place general community quarantine (GCQ) over Metro Manila and its nearby provinces.
KAMI learned that the new community quarantine classification will take effect starting from August 19 to August 31, 2020.
In a report by GMA News Online, President Duterte reminded the public to be careful and follow the quarantine protocols.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque explained that more industries will be allowed to operate under the GCQ.
“Mas marami pong industriyang bukas. Pupuwede po ang dine-in sa mga restaurant, pupuwede po na magkaroon ng religious services pero hanggang 30% lang po," Roque said.
"Halos lahat po ng industriya ay magbubukas bukod na lang po doon sa maraming natitipon-tipon, ‘yung mga entertainment, at ‘yung mga amusement para po sa bata,” he added.
According to the Manila Bulletin, here are the areas that will be under GCQ:
- Metro Manila
- Nueva Ecija
- Iloilo City
- Cebu City
- Lapu-Lapu City
- Mandaue City
- Talisay City
- Municipality of Minglanilla, Cebu
- Municipality of Consolacion, Cebu
Earlier, medical health workers appealed for a “time out” from the government as the number of COVID-19 cases in the country continues to rise. President Duterte then placed Metro Manila and its nearby provinces under modified enhanced community quarantine.
According to the Philippine Genome Center, a new and more infectious SARS-CoV-2 strain was found in the Philippines.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!