- A prestigious international competition recognized one of the series in the Kapuso network
- The Philippine remake of “Descendants of the Sun” won an award at the Seoul International Drama Awards
- It was the Kapuso network that proudly announced the good news on social media
- The Dingdong Dantes and Jennylyn Mercado-starred was hailed as the “Most Popular Foreign Drama of the Year”
- According to a website, the said adaptation highlighted the influence of K-Drama across borders
The Philippine adaptation of “Descendants of the Sun” starring Dingdong Dantes and Jennylyn Mercado was recognized at a prestigious international competition.
KAMI learned that the said teleserye was hailed as the “Most Popular Foreign Drama of the Year” in the 15th Seoul International Drama Awards.
It was GMA-7 that announced the good news through a social media post on Monday, August 10.
The post also stated that the first international award of the said remake is offered to the people who continue supporting it.
“Isa ang #DescendantsOfTheSunPH sa mga kinilala bilang Most Popular Drama of the Year sa Seoul International Drama Awards ngayong taon!” the caption read.
“Bahagi po kayo ng tagumpay na ito, mga Kapuso!” it added.
Meanwhile, the website hellokpop.com reported that the PH version of “Descendants of the Sun” received an award because it highlighted the influence of K-drama across borders.
“Descendants of the Sun” is a 2016 South Korean series that starred Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo. Its PH adaptation premiered in GMA-7 on February 10, 2020.
About 4 months ago, it was revealed that the television rating of “Ang Probinsyano” was higher than the rating of the Kapuso series.
Marian Rivera also put an end to the speculation that she will be the partner of Dingdong Dantes in the PH remake of the said Korean series.
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We want you to know that we love reading about your thoughts!