PNP starts investigation over viral CCTV footage of NCRPO chief Sinas confronting Taguig residents

PNP starts investigation over viral CCTV footage of NCRPO chief Sinas confronting Taguig residents

- The Philippine National Police will be investigating the recent viral CCTV footage of NCRPO chief Debold Sinas and other cops

- According to PNP chief Francisco Gamboa, it was ordered to the regional offices to find areas that can be used as quarantine facilities

- The issue stemmed after Sinas and the other cops tried to evict the family of Arles delos Santos

- However, the family residing in the compound insisted they have documents showing the can still legally stay in the compound

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed

Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Archie Francisco Gamboa announced on Monday that an investigation for the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) led by Police Major General Debold Sinas will start immediately.

KAMI learned that the investigation came after a CCTV footage of Sinas and other cops confronting a family in Taguig went viral on social media.

PNP starts investigation over viral CCTV footage of NCRPO chief Sinas confronting Taguig residents

Photo from Getty Images
Source: Getty Images

In a report by GMA News Online, Gamboa would like to know more details regarding the incident, including why Sinas had many cops with him.

“We will investigate paano nila kinarry out 'yung order na ito. Of course, alam naman natin na ang video would speak a thousand words that's why we will investigate what happened during that confrontation," Gamboa said.

"As to the details kung bakit maraming pulis ang kasama ni RD Sinas and itong sa cellphone-taking ng tao, we will investigate it and find out why these things happened," he added.

Gamboa also noted that it was his order for regional offices to identify the places that can be used as quarantine facilities.

PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

The issue stemmed from the family of Arles delos Santos whom the policed tried to evict, as seen in the CCTV footage because the location of their motor pool quarters is eyed to be a quarantine facility.

According to the NCRPO, Arles “illegally” stayed in the compound even after his father retired from the police service in November 2018.

However, the camp of Delos Santos said that they have legitimate documents to serve as proof that they are allowed to stay in the compound.

It can be recalled that Debold Sinas previously made headlines because of his mananita during the community quarantine in the country which prohibited mass gathering.

Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Mailfire view pixel