- Kapamilya stars recently expressed gratitude to the lawmakers who voted for ABS-CBN to return on air
- Among these celebrities are Regine Velasquez, Gretchen Ho, Melai Cantiveros, Darren Espanto, and Sylvia Sanchez
- A total of 70 lawmakers voted to "deny” the franchise application of the media giant
- Only 11 congressmen and congresswoman stood up for the network
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
Kapamilya stars recently lauded the lawmakers who voted against the House resolution denying the franchise renewal of the network on Friday, July 10.
KAMI learned that a total of 70 lawmakers voted to "deny” the franchise application of the media giant to continue its broadcast operations while only 11 congressmen stood up for the network.
The 11 lawmakers who voted for ABS-CBN to return on air are as follows:
• Bienvenido Abante Jr, Manila 6th District
• Carlos Isagani Zarate, Bayan Muna party-list
• Christopher De Venecia, Pangasinan 4th District
• Edward Vera Perez Maceda, Manila 4th District
• Gabriel Bordado Jr, Camarines Sur 3rd District
• Jose "Ping-Ping" Tejada, North Cotabato 3rd District
• Lianda Bolilia, Batangas 4th District
• Mujiv Hataman, Basilan
• Sol Aragones, Laguna 3rd District
• Stella Luz Quimbo, Marikina 2nd District
• Vilma Santos-Recto, Batangas 6th District
PAY ATTENTION: Shop with KAMI! The best offers and discounts on the market, product reviews and feedback
They then received admiration and appreciation from various Kapamilya artists. Here are some:
ABS-CBN is one of the leading broadcast networks in the Philippines. Its 25-year franchise expired on May 4 and the Committee on Legislative Franchises of the House of Representatives officially rejected on July 10 its bid to secure another franchise.
ABS-CBN president and CEO Carlo Katigbak then issued a statement an hour after the House committee finally announced the result of the voting on the fate of the network.
Earlier, the giant media network also revealed that the company continues to lose millions in daily advertising revenues due to its broadcast shutdown and the current pandemic.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!