- The Palace bared its plans if hospitals get overwhelmed by COVID-19 cases due to its continuous increase
- Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said that it is possible for Metro Manila to go back to a “stricter” community quarantine
- However, Roque said that the country could no longer afford a total lockdown
- The Department of Health is set to meet with hospital representatives to discuss its current situation
The Palace has shared its plans to combat the deadly coronavirus disease or COVID-19 on Monday.
KAMI learned that Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque addressed the concerns regarding the overwhelmed hospitals in Metro Manila.
In a report by the GMA News Online (authored by Virgil Lopez), Roque said that Metro Manila could go back to “stricter” community quarantine hospitals get overwhelmed by COVID-19 cases.
“We go back to stricter quarantine or provide more facilities,” Roque said.
However, the Presidential Spokesperson said that the government could no longer afford another “complete lockdown.”
The Department of Health shared that it will meet with the hospital representatives on Monday to check the current situation in different hospitals.
DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire claimed that state hospitals in Metro Manila are not yet overwhelmed by COVID-19 cases. However, critical care resources are at “moderate risk level.”
In an earlier report, around 172 employees of MRT-3 tested positive for COVID-19. Six of them are station personnel, including ticket sellers, a nurse, and a train driver.
On July 5, 2020, the DOH reported a total of 2,434 new COVID-19 cases. This was the highest number of cases reported in a day so far. The total number of cases is now 44,254.
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!