- Actress Pinky Amador finally issued her official statement following the hotel incident where she was filmed in a heated conversation with a hotel staff
- The actress explained that her emotional outburst was a product of her health being at risk
- She also said that the video which was recorded without her knowledge is malicious, vengeful and a violation
- Nevertheless, she apologized for those who were hurt and pointed out that she was merely fighting for her right
Pinky Amador's official statement regarding her viral video was posted recently by the talent Manager Arnold Vegafria.
According to the actress, she was emotional in the said video because she feared for her and her neighbor's health being at risk.
The actress also pointed out that taking a video of her without her knowledge is malicious, vengeful, and a violation.
However, she apologized for those who were hurt and pointed out that she was merely fighting for her right.
Part of her statement read:
“I have uttered harsh words and become very emotional in a video that has been circulating. There is no excuse for that behavior.
“Please understand, however, that my emotion was the product of countless minutes of worrying for my safety and that of my neighbors, following up with building administration, and talking to my very emotional neighbors and friends.
“I live in a Condo-Tel, that is a building that has units allotted for residents, and units allotted for hotel guests for a fee. On 04 May 2020, our Condotel accepted 59 returning Filipinos without informing us of their being designated as a quarantine facility. Of note is the fact that these returning Filipinos neither had the proper documentation with them upon entry, nor any indication that they were tested, or when their test results were arriving. The residents wouldn’t have known of their arrival, if not for the witnesses who had seen them enter the premises of our Condo-tel.
“The residents were not notified about the designation, not the influx of these returning Filipinos, and that was a cause for alarm not just for me but for all the residents.
“As of 04 May 2020, the administration did not send any notice about the incident, issue any safety Covid19 related protocols, and delayed disseminating any such information to residents, thus risking everyone’s safety in the building.
“I myself encountered two (2) new guests in our elevator. I knew they were guests since they had suitcases with them and were on the way to the 20th floor. However, I did not know
1. who they were,
2. whether they were current long staying guests which were allowed under the IATF issued rules, or
3. whether they were new guests which was not allowed under the IATF issued rules, except if they were Filipinos returning from abroad.
Pinky Amador or Pilar Cristina Roxas Amador in real life, is a Filipina actress, singer, commercial model, and TV host. She was in the original London cast of the Cameron Mackintosh musical hit "Miss Saigon".
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!