- The Palace announced that the opening of classes on August 24 will still push through
- Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said that the enrolment will start on June 1, Monday
- However, it is still undecided if it will be face-to-face classes or “blended learning”
- According to Roque, in blended learning, other communication means will be used like TV and Internet
The Palace confirmed on Wednesday that as of now, the opening of classes scheduled on August 24 will still push through.
KAMI learned that the announcement of the Palace came after President Rodrigo Duterte said that there will be no opening of classes unless there is a vaccine available against the coronavirus disease or COVID-19.
In an interview on DZMM TeleRadyo, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said that it is certain that the education of the youth will continue even if there is a threat of COVID-19.
"Ang sigurado po, tuloy ang pag-aaral ng mga kabataan. Ang isyu na lang, ano ang sitwasyon pagdating ng Agosto 24: ito ba ay sapat na para tayo ay mag-face-to-face o blended," Roque said.
“Kung hindi naman tayo umabot sa 'new normal,' itutuloy po ang mga klase pero magkakaroon tayo ng tinatawag na 'blended learning.' Gagamitin natin ang mga community TV at radio stations at ang internet para sa edukasyon ng ating mga kabataan,” he added.
The Presidential Spokesperson also mentioned that the enrolment will start on June 1, Monday.
As previously reported by KAMI, President Duterte said that he is against the opening of classes in August, unless there is a vaccine to combat COVID-19.
The classes in the Philippines have been suspended since mid-March due to the threat of coronavirus in the country.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!