- PAGASA announced on Thursday that Typhoon Ambo has further intensified before making its landfall
- Weather officials said that Typhoon Ambo is expected to make its landfall over the northeastern portion of Northern Samar this after or early evening
- Some of the areas in Samar were placed under Signal No. 3, while Signal No. 1 was raised over Metro Manila
- Typhoon Ambo is expected to remain in the Philippine area of responsibility until Monday
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
State weather bureau PAGASA announced on Thursday morning that Metro Manila is now under Signal No. 1 due to Typhoon Ambo.
KAMI learned that Ambo further intensified with maximum sustained winds of 150 kph.
According to PAGASA, it is expected to make its landfall over the northeastern portion of Northern Samar this afternoon or early evening.
As reported by the Philippine Star, Signal No. 3 was raised in the following areas:
- Eastern section of Albay
- Ticao Island
- Northern Samar
- Northern part of Eastern Samar
- Northern portion of Samar
Signal No. 2:
- Southeastern part of Quezon
- Camarines Norte
- Camarines Sur
- Rest of Albay
- Burias Island
- Northern part of mainland Masbate
- Rest of Samar
- Rest of Eastern Samar
Signal No. 1:
- Southern portion of Aurora
- Southern portion of Nueva Ecija
- Metro Manila
- Rest of Quezon
- Eastern part of Romblon
- Northern part of Leyte
In a report by the Manila Bulletin, Typhoon Ambo is likely to remain inside the Philippine area of responsibility until Monday.
Stay safe and keep dry!
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!
Our new episode features a unique challenge: you have to guess our host’s hilarious gibberish sentences and phrases! Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!