Do you like experimenting with children? Then the non-Newtonian liquid will delight the entire family. Depending on the speed of work, this substance is both liquid and viscous. How to cook miracle Non Newtonian fluid? Details in the article.
Non-Newtonian fluid what is it, the composition
Since school course we know: water is a liquid that, when tilted, is poured out of a dish. But the non-Newtonian substance does not obey the laws of physics. Proof of that are handguns, or hand-held guns, are the answer. Here are a few interesting facts about the non-Newtonian liquid:
- If you mash the composition in your hands quickly, it turns firm. During inactivity, the substance becomes liquid again.
- When the vessel is tilted slowly, the liquid flows like sour cream. But if the tank is turned over abruptly, nothing will spill.
- Content cannot be spilled out of the container. Droplets on the surface turn into dry lumps.
- Objects are bogged down in substance, like a quagmire. But when moved quickly on the surface, they move as if on land.
Why is this happening? When squeezed, starch particles are combined and hardened. In a quiescent state, the molecular movement is not limited, so the mass remains liquid.
The viscosity of the substance depends on the speed of action: the stronger the force, the harder the mass.
How can you make a non-Newtonian liquid? The wonder-blend is made up of two ingredients, water, and starch. The viscosity of the composition depends on the number of proportions.
The unusual experiment is a great way to engage children and adults.
How to make a non-Newtonian liquid at home
To create your substance take ingredients such as:
- starch (corn or potato) 900g;
- water 900ml.
Prepare a deep mixing pot.
You can take any number of ingredients. The key is to stick to the 1: 1 ratio.
The cooking sequence is as follows:
- In a container, put starch.
- Pour the water in, gradually mixing the ingredients. Let the children mix by hand to learn the properties of the substance.
Experiment! Try to pass fluid through your fingers and it will drain. Put your hands in your mouth and try to pull it out quickly, it won't work. They will be loaded like in a marsh and the container will rise with the hands.
These are the unusual properties of the non Newtonian fluid. The composition does not conform to Newton's laws, so the experience is interesting and fascinating.