Many housewives are interested in what can be baked from kefir. Try making tender cakes on kefir! This treat will be to everyone's taste. We share the secrets of how to prepare cake dough on kefir, like fluff, without yeast.
Yeast-free kefir cake dough: Ingredients
Yeast dough is moody and difficult to cook. It is much easier to make yeast-free dough with a kefir base. The recipe for kefir dough is simple, so even a novice cook can knead it.
To make the pastry look puffy and airy, stick to the recipe. Carefully measure the number of products, then the dough will not smell of soda and the cakes will rise and bake evenly.
The kefir pies are attractive for their economy and affordability. Simple and inexpensive food will be needed and the process will take several minutes.
To prepare a quick pie dough, take:
- 500g of extra-virgin wheat flour;
- 250 ml kefir, at least 2.5% fat;
- 2 eggs;
- 2 tsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soda
- 50 ml vegetable oil.
These ingredients will produce a neutral-flavor dough that is suitable for salty and sweet stuffing.
How to cook kefir dough
When you have cooked kefir dough at least once, you will appreciate its quality. Baking from such a base always comes out amazing, tender and airy like a fluff. Items do not drop off even the day after cooking.
To make kefir cake dough, do the following:
- Pour the kefir into a deep container and mix well.
- Heat the container to 30 C to increase bacterial activity. This way, when the soda reacts, a lot of bubbles will form, which will make the dough structurally as fluff.
- Sift the flour through a sieve. You will never get a lush pastry out of the flour you follow. By oxygenating a product, you will improve the texture of the finished dough.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl until they form a small foam. To get the maximum air consistency, use a mixer.
- In a deep bowl, add 2 / 3 of the flour, pour over the warm kefir and add a teaspoon of soda. Soda will start hissing and bubbling.
- Stir the ingredients thoroughly. Add the pre-beaten eggs, salt, sugar and cooking oil.
- Stir the dough until the sugar grains dissolve. Then gradually pour the flour directly into the container and bring the dough to the desired consistency.
- When mixing the dough with a spoon becomes impossible, knead it with your hands. Don't pile the flour over it, otherwise, the base will become tight. It is best when the dough does not stick to the hands but remains soft and plastic.
- Put the dough to a container, cover with clingfilm and leave at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. So the soda will react with all of the ingredients, and the cakes will taste very good.
The dough on a kefir cake is ready. It will make a soft, tasty and airy pastry! The kefir cakes in every home!