A good marinade for chicken gives it a little more piquancy and a special, more pronounced taste. The trouble is that searching for the perfect recipe often takes a long time. But we did the job for you and collected the best recipes for marinades. You can read more here.
Shanghai-style chicken marinade
Shanghai cuisine is very special. It successfully combines Chinese culinary traditions with European ones. Thanks to this, the dishes prepared there have a well-aged taste but at the same time don't lose any exotic notes.
To marinate a chicken weighing about 1.5 kg (the rest of the recipes are for the same weight), you will need the following:
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp unspiced ketchup
- sugar: 2 tsp
- white table wine: 3 litres;
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
It is permissible to replace wine with cognac or even regular vodka. Alcohol is required solely to eliminate the characteristic smell of fresh poultry, which many people do not like.
- This marinade can be used to roast chicken. It is done this way:
- the garlic is peeled and finely chopped or chopped;
- soy and tomato sauces combine with butter and alcohol;
- Spoon or blender paprika, black pepper, sugar rubbed with garlic;
- The ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
How to marinate a chicken for the oven? Then the chicken is placed in a zip-up bag. Marinade is poured there. Spread it evenly over the surface of the bird. Close the container and massage the carcass with your hands, paying particular attention to the breast and legs.
The chicken in the marinade is kept in the fridge for about 12 hours. Then send it to an oven heated to 180 ° C for 1.5 hours.
Best Honey and Mustard Chicken Marinade
What's the point of marinating a chicken? This chicken fillet marinade is perfect for cooking wings or ham. It is distinguished by freshness, spice and is suitable for both oven and grill.
You will need the following products:
- 100g unsweetened flower honey
- 100g mustard
- 1 medium lemon
- vegetable oil: 3 tbsp
- 5 cloves garlic
- fresh parsley and dill, 1 bunch at a time.
Instead of lemon, you can take a lime, but not one, but two. Mustard is suitable for any, because, during cooking, even the strongest loses its sharpness.
If you are cooking ham rather than breast, do not put oil on them, because they are already quite fatty.
The marinade for the chicken fillet must be done in a specific sequence. Here it is:
rub the zest, and then cut the lemon and squeeze its juice into a bowl that can hold all of the meat;
- add mustard, honey, and vegetable oil;
- Peel the garlic, chop it finely with the greens and combine with the rest of the ingredients;
- Put chicken fillets (ham, wings) in a bowl;
- Stir until the marinade is evenly distributed over the meat;
- Place the pieces in the palm of your hand, cover the container with foil and refrigerate for 6 hours.
If you are planning to use the oven, place the meat on a baking tray, removing the bits of the greens. Before you put the roasted meat on the boil, make sure to salt it.
When it comes to grill, wash the chicken or it will burn. In the latter case, try to leave a little marinade and recoat the pieces about 5 minutes before they are ready.
How to marinate chicken in an orange marinade
You are looking to marinate chicken, but Americans have thought about using oranges for this purpose for a long time, during the Great Depression. These citrus fruits have a moderate acidity and strong aroma, which combine favorably with natural honey and spices.
To make a tasty chicken marinade, you will need:
- 3 ripe juicy oranges
- 4 tbsp liquid honey
- 3 tbsp unspiced ketchup
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste.
If the citrus turns out to be very sweet, it is acceptable to use honey without putting it down; instead, use 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
Cook the chicken marinade as follows:
- Remove the zest from a couple of oranges with a vegetable knife, then squeeze out the fruit and juice.
- Cut the remaining citrus into 0.5 cm thick slices;
- Soak the chicken in orange juice for about half an hour;
- Combine the ketchup, honey (or mayonnaise), black pepper, salt and stir well;
- rub the resulting mass on the bird;
- Transfer it to a tight-fitting bag and leave it at room temperature.
Marinate the chicken for three hours. If it's cut into pieces, two are enough. Turn it over periodically and use your hands to ensure the meat is evenly impregnated.
When you have finished marinating the chicken, place it on a tray, cover with orange slices, pour in the remaining liquid, and bake.
Coca-Cola Chicken Marinade
If you're late to catch up, the quick chicken marinade described below will certainly help you avoid a late lunch or dinner.
A minimum set of ingredients will be needed:
- Coca-Cola: 0.5 litres
- 20g ginger
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- fresh chili peppers, 2 peppers
- 2 tsp cognac
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
If there is no fresh chilli, use a powder mixed with paprika in equal parts. It will take no more than 0.5 hours to mix, but it will eventually turn out to be a fragrant dish.
Before marinating the chicken, it should be divided into portions. You can also only take fillets, legs, or wings.
The order of preparation is as follows:
- onions and ginger are peeled, then ground with a blender or grater;
- the peppers are freed from tails and seeds and cut into thin rings;
- Brandy is combined in a suitable plastic container with a lid (or saucepan) with oil and prepared ingredients;
- Coca-Cola is pouring in.
To keep the gas out, immediately use the marinade and dip the chicken parts in it and keep your hands on the side. Within an hour, the bird will reach the condition. During the process, shake the tank periodically to impregnation more evenly.
Then cook the chicken as you like in the oven, on coals, or in a frying pan. Only in the latter case should the pieces be boned in flour.
Spicy chicken marinade recipe
Many people love dishes more than ever before, and for such people, a recipe for marinade chicken would be perfect, and would give it the desired burning. We advise eating poultry with a vegetable salad and rice, and it's better to drink tomato juice or beer.
The chicken marinade in the oven is made from a small amount of ingredients. You will need:
- 100g hot tomato sauce
- 1 large head of garlic
- 50g ginger
- Green onions and a bunch;
- vegetable oil: 3 tsp
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- coriander, pinch of salt
- bay leaf: 3 pieces
Before marinating the chicken, puncture its breast or legs with a fork in different places. So spices are better absorbed into the fibres of meat.
Let us tell you how to marinate a chicken:
- Peel the green onion from the spoiled arrows and wash it, remove the ginger from the skin and remove the garlic from the peel;
- Grind everything in a blender in a purée (if not in the oven, finely chop the onions, and rub the ginger and garlic).
- Pour 2 tbsp of oil into the pan, and add the coriander, black pepper and bay leaf.
- Turn on the heat and, as soon as the spices start to hiss, pour the grease through a sieve into a large bowl;
- When the butter has cooled, add the chili powder and ketchup, then combine everything with the shredded fresh ingredients and mix.
Put the chicken in a bowl, carefully grease the marinade inside and out, and place it in the fridge for 10 to 12 hours. Rinse the carcass with water, rub with cooking oil and salt, and place on a baking tray. Cook at 180 ° C for 1.5 hours.
How to marinate chicken in sour cream
The recipe described below is probably the best marinade for chicken if you appreciate tenderness and juiciness. The meat will literally melt in the mouth, leaving an unobtrusive spicy aftertaste. This option is ideal for both fillets and whole carcasses.
To prepare the marinade, take:
- sour cream (20% fat): 1 glass
- canned horseradish: 1.5 tsp
- 1 tsp Provençal herbs
- 1 tsp salt
Before marinating chicken for the oven, wash it under the tap and dry it with paper towels. Then, with your fingers, separate (as far as possible) the skin of the bird from the meat on the breast and the ham.
Instead of canned horseradish, you can take fresh grated, ready wasabi or 5 shredded garlic slices. You won't be precluded from using smoothies and less grease, and the consistency will become more liquid. 1 tsp starch solves the problem.
After gathering all the necessary foods, start cooking:
- Put the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Leave for 15 minutes;
- rubbing the marinade in and out of the carcass and under the skin so the meat is better nourished;
- Hold the chicken at room temperature for 2 hours;
- Roast in the oven as usual.
If you're going to cook a bird on the grill, slice the carcass from the back, along the side, so it opens up like a book. Melt it, wrap it in foil in two layers and transfer to the coals.
The chicken marinades described above will help to make the meat tasty and juicy, and will also bring novelty to a familiar product. It is important only to take care of their early handling of the bird, or it will not reach its condition and your efforts will be in vain.