Tito Sotto reacts to ABS-CBN shutdown few moments after it goes off-air

Tito Sotto reacts to ABS-CBN shutdown few moments after it goes off-air

- Senate President Vicente "Tito" Sotto III aired his reaction shortly after ABS-CBN has stopped its broadcast operation on Tuesday night, May 5

- In a tweet, Sotto said that the media giant will face a favorable fate once its franchise renewal reached the Senate

- But before it can be tackled in the Senate, bills seeking to renew its franchise should come out from the House of Representatives

- Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque also said that President Rodrigo Duterte has earlier accepted the apology of the network over a political advertisement dispute but left its fate to Congress

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed

Senate President Vicente "Tito" Sotto III took to social media to air his reaction after media giant ABS-CBN has stopped its broadcast operation on Tuesday night, May 5.

Tito Sotto reacts to ABS-CBN shutdown few moments after it goes off air

Tito Sotto reacts to ABS-CBN shutdown few moments after it goes off air
Source: Facebook

KAMI learned that few moments after the network went off the air, Sotto posted on Twitter that ABS-CBN will face a favorable fate once its franchise renewal reached the Senate.

“ABS Franchise, bring it to the Senate, we will approve it!” he tweeted.

ABS-CBN, which had served Filipinos for 65 years, officially signed off after the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) ordered the network to cease its broadcast operations.

The giant media conglomerate failed to renew its 25-year legislative franchise that expired on May 4.

In a report by The Manila Times, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said that President Rodrigo Duterte has earlier accepted the apology of ABS-CBN President and CEO Carlo Katigbak over a dispute on a paid political advertisement but left its fate to Congress.

According to Inquirer.net, bills seeking to renew the ABS-CBN franchise should ensue from the House of Representatives before it can be tackled in the Senate.

PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

KAMI previously reported that the Palace expressed gratitude to ABS-CBN after the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) ordered the network to “cease and desist” from broadcasting on television and radio.

ABS-CBN is one of the most popular media and entertainment groups in the country. “It’s Showtime” and “TV Patrol” are among its most-watched programs.

Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!

In this video, a 4Ps member replied to critics and provided an explanation as to where her cash aid goes! Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Online view pixel