Celebrities react to ABS-CBN's closure order by NTC

Celebrities react to ABS-CBN's closure order by NTC

- The National Telecommunications Commission recently issued a 'cease and desist' order for ABS-CBN

- According to the NTC, the Kapamilya network's franchise has already expired yesterday, May 4

- Following this news, various celebrities took to social media their grief over the said news

- Aside from this, ABS-CBN announced that they will put a halt to all of their operations today, May 5

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed

Various Kapamilya stars have recently spoken up about the issuance of a 'cease and desist' order from the National Telecommunications Commission for ABS-CBN.

It can be worth noting that the said order was released on Tuesday, May 5 by the NTC as ABS-CBN's franchise already expired on May 4.

Following this news, KAMI learned that big names in the showbiz industry have taken to social media to express their support for the Kapamilya network.

In her online post, Bea Alonzo shared that she is a Kapamilya through thick and thin, "Today’s news is just heart breaking. I AM A KAPAMILYA, through thick and thin. Mahal ko kayo."

As for Angel Locsin, she mentioned in her online post that people should be more considerate about the jobs that are at stake because of the news.

"Para sa kapwa. Sa panahon na kailangan ng hanap buhay ng mga tao. Let’s be considerate and ask ourselves kung makakatulong ba ang mga desisyon natin sa lalo na sa panahong ito," she wrote."

Hello, Love, Goodbye star Kathryn Bernardo also reposted the '#MalayangPamamahayag' clip on her Instagram account with the caption, "Isang mahigpit na yakap sa lahat ng kapamilya natin."

Earlier this year, Robin Padilla challenged the celebrities who supported ABS-CBN after the network's franchise renewal was threatened.

The actor has apologized since then after he was lambasted by the online community.

Following this news, Robin recently expressed his support for ABS-CBN and said that, "Ang nais natin ay pagbabago sa abscbn hindi ang pagsasara nito."

Megastar Sharon Cuneta also backed up the Kapamilya network in her latest post, "Iniisip at inaalala naming artists ng aming tahanan, ang ABS-CBN, ang ilampung-libong empleyadong lumaki nang kasama ko, at ang mga batang bagong empleyado pa lamang ng aming istasyon."

Sharon's daughter, KC Concepcion, wrote a lengthy message for the Kapamilya network which she called her home ever since she was a child.

According to KC, she cannot imagine the Philippine TV without ABS-CBN, "I can’t imagine Philippine TV without you and our Kapamilya on camera and production teams, show runners and crews that make up the machine."

As for actress-model Isabelle Daza, stopping the franchise of ABS-CBN amid the pandemic "seems to be like a more pressing matter to our Government."

Rated K host Korina Sanchez expressed her disbelief over the matter in her Instagram post.

The host also aired a few questions for solicitor-general Jose Calida, "Talaga? Ano namang, excuse me, abuso ito? SolGen Joe Calida used to be very close to my Mom Celia Sanchez.

"They attend the same Bible Study. Sino na kaya ngayon ang Diyos ni Calida? Pilit pinapasarado ang ABSCBN kahit labag sa batas? Kelan at paano kaya pwede ipakulong ang mga totoong abusado?"

Kapamilya artist Sarah Lahbati wrote in her Instagram post that while she has only been with the Kapamilya network for a short while, she has always felt their warmth and support.

Aside from these stars, Kapamilya celebrities like Jodi Sta. Maria, Julia Barretto, Bela Padilla, Maja Salvador, Pokwang, and Angelica Panganiban have posted and expressed their support for ABS-CBN through their personal social media accounts.

PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

As reported earlier by KAMI, the National Telecommunications Commission ordered ABS-CBN to stop its broadcast operations. It issued a cease and desist order against the giant network on Tuesday, May 5. NTC pointed out that the network has no legislative franchise to continue operating.

POPULAR: Read more entertainment news here

Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!

In this video, a 4Ps member replied to critics and provided an explanation as to where her cash aid goes! Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Mailfire view pixel