- Two Catholic priests passed the 2019 Bar Examination, according to the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines
- Fr. Victor De Guzman is from the Diocese of San Fernando de La Union
- Meanwhile, Fr. Abundio Bacatan is a Salesian who was assigned at the Don Bosco Dumangas in Iloilo province
- Out of 7,685 takers, only 2,103 passed the Bar Examination this year
- In the 2018 Bar Examination, two Catholic priests also passed the said exams
The Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) announced that two Catholic priests were able to make it to the Roll of Attorneys.
KAMI learned that Fr. Victor De Guzman and Fr. Abundio Bacatan were among the 2,103 who passed the 2019 Bar Examination.
In a report by the GMA News Online, Fr. Victor De Guzman is from the Diocese of San Fernando de La Union. He is a parish priest at the San Nicolas de Tolentino Parish Church in Balaoan, La Union.
Meanwhile, Fr. Abundio Bacatan is a Salesian who was assigned at the Don Bosco Dumangas in Iloilo province. He also served as an administrator at the Don Bosco Technical College in Labangon, Cebu City. Fr. Bacatan is reportedly the first Filipino Salesian who became a civil lawyer.
In a previous report by KAMI, only 2,103 out of 7,685 takers passed the 2019 Bar Examination. The passing rate this year was 27. 36 percent.
In the 2018 Bar Examination, two Catholic priests also passed — Fr. Romeo Dawaton of the Apostolic Vicariate of Tabuk and Fr. Efren Bugayong of the Imus, Cavite diocese.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!
Our host Paula Coling suggested different movies and series that you should watch while stuck at home due to the lockdown. Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!