Sony is one of the best mobile phone companies in the world. It has continued to keep up with the trending devices without losing its relevance in the market. The company’s next flagship mobile phone, Sony Xperia 1 11, which is the sequel of Xperia 1, is now officially out.
The new device has taken into consideration all the factors and features that made last year's device great. They have worked on creating an improved model. The company even went far and added Roman numerals to the mix.
Sony Xperia 1 11 release date
Under normal circumstances, the Sony Mobile Company holds its press conferences on Monday of the Mobile World Congress 2020. Unfortunately, due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the mobile trade show was canceled. The company, however, announced its devices through an online press conference, which took place on 24th February 2020.
Sony Xperia 1 11 overview
Here are the good and the bad sides of the Sony Xperia 1 11:
- The rear camera setup has phase detection autofocus
- The phone is also water and dust resistant.
- It has a full high definition screen.
- It takes great shots.
- It has a large display that makes it easy to watch movies and videos or play mobile phone games.
- It supports wireless charging
- There is no 4G-only variant of this phone.
- It has some pre-installed bloatware.
- The pictures are not pretty good under poor lighting conditions.
Sony Xperia 1 11 specs
- Release date: 24th February 2020
- Dimensions: 165.1 x 71.1 x 7.6 millimeters (6.5 x 2.80 x 0.30 inches)
- Weight: 181.4 g (6.38 oz.)
- Build material: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- SIM: Single Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display size: 6.5 inches, 98.6 cm2 (~84.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Display resolution: 1644 x 3840 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~643 PPI density)
- OS: Android 10.0
- CPU: Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- Internal memory: 256GB 8GB RAM
- External memory: Micro-SD (up to 256 GB)
- Main camera: Quad - 12megapixels, 12 megapixels, 12 megapixels and 0.3 megapixels
- Selfie camera: 8 megapixels
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, aptX HD, and LE
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; USB On-The-Go
- Radio: No
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum
- Samsung Galaxy A51 colors: Black, Purple
READ ALSO: Google suspends Huawei from using Android and other Google apps after Trump’s blacklist
Here are some of the Sony Xperia 1 11 features:
The design resembles the Sony Xperia 1 model, although they are a couple of changes that make it a bit different. Some of these changes are on the camera positioning and the reintroduction of the 3.5mm headphone socket.
The device has retained the 21.9 display. The controls are still located on one side with the fingerprint scanner placed towards the edge. The camera location is closer to the left rather than the center, at the back of the phone.
The phone has a display ratio of 21:9, which is 4K. This makes Sony Xperia 1 11 an excellent device for capturing and watching movies or playing mobile-phone games. HDR-compatible display and HDR video capture options serve the phone right.
The gadget has a resolution of 1644 x 3840 pixels at a density of 643 pixels per inch (PPI). It has an OLED display, which reduces blurriness and delivers a 90Hz visual display.
Processor, storage, and performance
On the inside of the Sony Xperia 1, 11 is Qualcomm Snapdragon 865chipset, which is currently one of the best processors in the market.
The device comes with a RAM of 8GB to keep it steadily running. Sony Xperia 1 11 memory is 265GB with a micro-SD card of up to 1000GB.
Sony Xperia 1 11 comes with a 4000mAh battery, which supports Qi wireless and fast wired charging. With the gadget, you will attain a 50 % battery charge in 30 minutes, even though you will need a 21WPD charger to make this speed a reality. Unfortunately, this is not the charger that comes with the phone, but you might be lucky to own one from another USB Type-C device already.
The device also supports 15W wireless charging. The phone gives you all Sony’s battery optimization options such as stamina mode, adaptive battery care, and an AI-powered system, which is designed to identify your usage, thus adapt accordingly.
READ ALSO: Samsung Galaxy S10 specs, review, camera, details
Speaker and call quality
The headphone socket has been minimized to reduce crosstalk while still supporting Sony 360 reality audio, hires audio and DSEE ultimate. The stereo’s front speakers also support Dolby Atmos. The sound transmissions are of high quality, just like most of the Sony Xperia models.
Here are the software features that you should look out for on the Sony Xperia 1 11.
OS and features
Sony Xperia 1 11 comes with a pre-installed Android 10.0 operating system. An ambient light sensor characterizes the device, accelerometer, magnetometer, proximity sensor, gyroscope, face unlock, and in-display fingerprint sensor.
Sony Xperia 1 11 camera
Sony is focusing on the Google and Apple approach of sticking with the 12-megapixels sensors. This gives the phone a triple camera system, which makes use of Zeiss lenses that have been skillfully put together by Sony's Alpha digital imaging experts.
The brand-new model presents a photo pro mode that comes with a visual layout reflecting the user interface of the Sony Alpha 9. As a result, this makes it part of the cinema-pro application, which is designed to offer advanced video functions.
It features a 20fps burst mode, which gives you both autofocus and auto-exposure while tracking the subjects through the burst. Xperia 1 11 has a super-fast focusing speed, which samples at 60 frames per second.
The time of flight sensors comes in handy whenever the user is under low lighting as it helps to boost the focusing speeds. The camera has a real-time eye focus that detects the eyes of people or animals you are shooting to ensure they are in focus to enable you to take great snaps.
Sony Xperia 1 11 review
Here are some reviews about this phone:
Sony Xperia 1 11 accessories
Here are the accessories that come with the gadget:
- One USB cable
- One power adapter
- User manual
- SIM ejector tool
- A pair of headphones
Sony Xperia 1 11 price
The phone is readily available both at Filipino online and offline shops. Currently, Sony Xperia 1 11 price is about Php56, 000, which is equivalent to $1,099.
Sony Xperia 1 11 is an excellent device that offers excellent performance to the user's everyday mobile phone needs. The photos and videos taken with the devices are relatively good. It has a superfast charging capacity, and the power lasts long enough. While it offers excellent value for money, the device has some bloatware that cannot be uninstalled.
Sony Xperia 1 11 is the latest A-series released by Sony. It has some fantastic features which make it worth every coin you spend when purchasing it.
READ ALSO: Infinix Note 7 price, specs, colours, release date, details