- Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri has donated his plasma to help other COVID-19 patients
- He said that after recovering from COVID-19, he is more than happy to donate and help other patients
- The senator donated his plasma to the Philippine General Hospital on Tuesday
- The plasma therapy is an experiment that health experts have been doing to treat critical COVID-19 patients
- The antibodies developed by COVID-19 patients might help save those in critical condition
Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel “Migz” Zubiri has donated his plasma after recovering from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
KAMI learned that Zubiri donated his plasma to the Philippine General Hospital on Tuesday.
In a report by GMA News Online, Zubiri said he wanted to help others who got infected by the coronavirus.
"I was very lucky to have recovered with no complications but that is not the case for many other patients, whose bodies are less prepared to fight this disease. If plasma donations can help them in any way, then I am more than happy to offer mine," Zubiri said.
"All of us healthier, perhaps younger people who have been blessed with full recovery from COVID-19—we need to go donate. It’s a fairly simple process, and you’ll be able to help so many people," he added.
The blood plasma therapy was among the experiments that the health experts are still studying to treat COVID-19 patients. The antibodies developed by COVID-19 survivors could help critical patients to survive.
As previously reported by KAMI, Senator Zubiri announced that he was discharged from the hospital after recovering from COVID-19. He was able to celebrate his birthday with his family.
Zubiri was among the three senators who came forward and shared that they tested positive for the coronavirus disease. The two other senators were Senators Koko Pimentel and Sonny Angara.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!
In this new episode, we give out some essential tips to follow amid the enhanced community quarantine due to COVID-19! Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!