- Senator Manny Pacquiao is set to file a bill that aims to have new code of conduct even after the enhanced community quarantine has been lifted
- The “New Normal” bill aims to have new standard hygiene and social distancing protocols
- Among the new protocols include non-contact greetings, online shopping, and time limit while doing the grocery shopping
- Pacquiao also said that the social distancing will be the “new normal” during the COVID-19 crisis
Senator Manny Pacquiao announced that he is set to file a “New Normal” bill amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) crisis.
KAMI learned that the proposed law will serve as a code of conduct even if the enhanced community quarantine has been lifted all over Luzon.
In a report by the Inquirer (authored by Christia Marie Ramos), Pacquiao said that social distancing is the “new normal” during the COVID-19 crisis.
“In short, itong social distancing ang magiging new normal sa panahon ng COVID-19…I think we cannot enforce this properly without the force of law,” Pacquiao said.
“That is why I will be pushing this New Normal Law so that we can enforce it and require people to follow it. Ito ay hindi para lang sa kanila kundi maging sa kanilang mga mahal sa buhay,” he added.
In the proposed law, there are standard hygiene and social distancing protocols that should be followed like:
- Non-contact greetings
- Online shopping
- Time limit in supermarkets/groceries
- Live streaming of concerts, parties, basketball, boxing, and other games
- New protocols in businesses, restaurants, and churches to avoid physical contacts
- Clean public restrooms
- Family database nationwide for issuance of important notices or reminders and virtual wallets
As reported by the News5, Pacquiao said that as long as there is no treatment for COVID-19, people could only do precautionary measures to be safe.
“Nakakalungkot mang isipin ngunit kailangan talaga nating magkaroon ng panibagong patarakaran sa ating pakikisalamuha kung sakaling mawala na itong ipinapatupad na Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ),” Pacquiao said.
“Hangga’t hindi natin natatagpuan ang tamang gamot laban sa COVID-19 ay hinding-hindi babalik sa normal ang ating pamumuhay at wala tayong ibang maaaring sandata kundi ang tamang pag-iingat,” he added.
As previously reported by KAMI, Pacquiao was among the 15 senators who called for the resignation of Health Secretary Francisco Duque. However, President Rodrigo Duterte rejected it.
As of posting time, the Philippines has a total of 6,259 confirmed cases of COVID-19. 572 of the patients have already recovered.
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!
Kuya Andrew, a Grab Food rider, received a lot of blessings after he was given food by Cha Calubaquib who shared the story in her viral post! Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!