- The Department of Health has recorded 284 new cases of coronavirus disease in the country
- The total number of COVID-19 cases are now at 4,932 and the death toll has risen to 315
- Meanwhile, the health department has reported 45 patients who recovered from COVID-19
- The DOH also announced that the misting tents donated by Angel Locsin were removed from the Philippine General Hospital (PGH)
- As of posting time, there are now more than 1.8 million cases of coronavirus disease across the globe
The Department of Health (DOH) has recorded 284 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the Philippines.
KAMI learned that 45 patients recovered from COVID-19 as of 4 p.m., April 13.
Through a Facebook post, the health department has reported a total of 4,932 COVID-19 cases in the country.
Meanwhile, there were 18 new deaths reported, making the death toll rise to 315. The total recoveries are now at 242.
The DOH also announced that it does not recommend spraying or misting because it may cause more harm than protection. It advised avoiding spraying or misting disinfectants.
However, it is suggested to soak the objects completely or directly disinfect surfaces to kill the coronavirus.
Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said that the misting tents donated by actress Angel Locsin were already ordered to be removed from the Philippine General Hospital.
As previously reported by KAMI, as of Sunday, the health department reported 50 new deaths, its highest number of fatalities in a day.
The coronavirus disease or COVID-19 was first reported in Wuhan, China. As of posting time, there are now more than 1.8 million cases of COVID-19 across the globe.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!
Maricar Reyes participated in a hilarious edition of our “Tricky Questions” challenge! Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!