Thousands of Chinese visit tourist sites after COVID-19 lockdown despite warning from experts

Thousands of Chinese visit tourist sites after COVID-19 lockdown despite warning from experts

- Thousands of Chinese nationals start to flock at different tourist spots for the holiday weekend

- Many people started gathering after the COVID-19 lockdown in China was lifted

- However, health experts warned that the threat of coronavirus disease is far from over

- Some health officials said that a “third wave” could happen because the pandemic is still very serious across the globe

- As of posting time, more than 1.2 million people have been infected with COVID-19

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed

Thousands of Chinese nationals flocked to popular tourist spots across the country in time for China’s holiday weekend.

KAMI learned that Chinese people gathered right after the lockdown in the country was lifted as the number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases continues to drop.

In a report by CNN Travel, thousands of people gathered at the Huangshan mountain park in Anhui province on April 4. Due to the volume of the crowd, the park issued a notice that it already reached its 20,000 person daily capacity.

Thousands of Chinese visit tourist sites after COVID-19 lockdown despite warning from experts

Photo from CNN Travel
Source: Facebook

After almost 3 months of lockdown, shops, restaurants, and other establishments are starting to operate again. During the last week of March, the COVID-19 cases continued to lessen which prompted the lifting of travel ban going in and out of the country.

However, some health experts warned that the COVID-19 threat is far from over. A chief epidemiologist with the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Zeng Guang, said that China has entered a “new stage.”

"China is not near the end, but has entered a new stage. With the global epidemic raging, China has not reached the end," he said.

Thousands of Chinese visit tourist sites after COVID-19 lockdown despite warning from experts

Photo from CNN Travel
Source: Facebook

Experts also warned that a “third wave” of COVID-19 cases could happen, given that the pandemic is still very serious across the globe.

"So in Hong Kong, we might have a third wave of cases coming from the mainland after a second wave ...The epidemic is still serious in the society. At this stage, it is still not optimistic. What worries me the most is inadequate testing on patients with mild symptoms, which prevents us from cutting off the chain of transmission," Hong Kong epidemiologist Yuen Kwok-yung said.

PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

The coronavirus disease was first reported in Wuhan, China. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are now 1,214,973 confirmed cases of COVID-19 worldwide, as of April 7, 2020.

Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!

Kapuso star Kris Bernal participated in the new episode of our Tricky Questions feature! Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Online view pixel