Breaking: DOH reports 414 new COVID-19 cases, total now at 3,660

Breaking: DOH reports 414 new COVID-19 cases, total now at 3,660

- The Department of Health (DOH) recorded 414 additional coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases

- There were also 9 additional recoveries and 11 more deaths recorded on Monday afternoon

- DOH announced that three establishments will be open as community quarantine facilities by this week

- The Palace also said that it is “likely” to extend the enhanced community quarantine for additional 2 weeks

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed!

The Department of Health (DOH) has recorded 414 additional coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases on Monday, 4 p.m.

KAMI learned that the total of COVID-19 case in the Philippines is now at 3,660.

Through a Facebook post, the DOH also announced that there are 9 additional recoveries, making a total of 73.

Meanwhile, 11 additional deaths were reported, the death toll has risen to 163.

In a different Facebook post, the DOH announced that there are now 10 laboratories in the country that are allowed to conduct the full implementation of COVID-19 testing.

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III also shared that three establishments such as the Rizal Memorial Coliseum, Philippine International Convention Center (PICC), and World Trade Center Metro Manila, will be opening this week as community quarantine facilities.

PICC can admit 294 patients, WTCMM can accommodate 502 patients, while Rizal Memorial Coliseum can accept 112 patients.

As reported by the Inquirer (authored by Julie Aurelio), Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in a statement that it is likely that the enhanced community quarantine over Luzon will be extended for another two weeks.

“Lifting it could be premature as it might wipe out the gains we have so far achieved in containing the virus,” Panelo said.

PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

As previously reported by KAMI, President Rodrigo Duterte signed an administrative order to grant special risk allowance for frontline public health workers.

Earlier, President Duterte placed the entire Luzon under enhanced community quarantine on March 17 to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!

Kapuso star Kris Bernal participated in the new episode of our Tricky Questions feature! Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Online view pixel