DILG Secretary Eduardo Año tests positive for COVID-19

DILG Secretary Eduardo Año tests positive for COVID-19

- Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año has tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

- Año is not exhibiting symptoms of the virus, like coughing, fever, or difficulty in breathing

- He said that he will work from home and will not let the virus dampen his spirit to do his job

- The DILG chief known to be one of the top implementers of the country’s campaign to contain the spread of COVID-19

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed

Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año on March 31 announced that he tested positive for coronavirus disease.

"Today, March 31, I received the result from RITM (Research Institute for Tropical Medicine) informing me that I am positive for COVID-19," he confirmed.

According to an article by Rappler, Año has not shown any symptoms of the virus, like coughing, fever, or difficulty in breathing.

"I make this announcement to call the attention of all persons I had close contact with to go on self-quarantine and observe any symptoms, in accordance with DOH guidelines," he added.

The secretary is known to be one of the top implementers of the country’s campaign to contain the spread of COVID-19. He is the vice-chair of the National Task Force, formed by the government, in charge of imposing precautionary measures such as lockdowns, checkpoints, and curfews.

In a report by CNN Philippines, the DILG chief said that he will work from home and will not let the result dampen his drive to do his job.

"The result of my test will not in any way dampen my spirit and energy to do my job," he said, urging the public to also stay at home and always observe social distancing.

Año himself revealed that he got tested after learning that four people he had contact with were infected with COVID-19.

PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

KAMI previously reported that DILG Secretary Eduardo Año said that extending the enhanced community quarantine is “not advisable”.

The Department of Health (DOH) has recorded a total of 2,084 COVID-19 cases as of this posting. Meanwhile, 49 patients have recovered and 88 people have died due to the disease.

Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!

Stay home and watch HumanMeter review of top 10 coolest Pinoy TikTok videos. Let us know in the comments which one you liked the most. Check out all our videos on KAMI YouTube channel!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Mailfire view pixel