1. The Department of Health (DOH) announced that as of March 26, there are already 707 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease in the Philippines. 71 new cases were added today. Meanwhile, two additional patients have already recovered, bringing the total number of recoveries to 28.
2. It was revealed today by the health department that 7 people have died because of COVID-19. The number includes Dr. Sally Gatchalian, sister of actress Ruby Rodriguez. As of March 26, a total of 45 deaths have been recorded.
3. Senator Sonny Angara revealed on social media that he has tested positive for COVID-19. He is now the third Senator who got infected with the said virus. The lawmaker said that he is now under isolation to avoid spreading the virus.
4. The sister of TV host Ruby Rodriguez becomes the ninth doctor who succumb to the novel coronavirus disease. The celebrity was the one who confirmed that Dr. Sally Gatchalian, the president of the Philippine Pediatric Society, has passed away. Ruby paid a tribute to her sibling through a heartfelt Instagram post.
5. Eric Go Yap, the representative of ACT-CIS, may face legal raps for violating the protocols on self-quarantine. He was considered as a person under investigation (PUI) but he still attended a meeting in Malacañang. He is now positive for the novel coronavirus disease.
6. Imee Marcos disclosed that her brother Bongbong Marcos is awaiting his COVID-19 test result because he is feeling “unwell” after going to Spain. The female Senator also revealed that her brother is already getting better.
7. A grocery store in Taguig City confirmed that Senator Koko Pimentel also went there on March 16 to buy some products. The lawmaker is COVID-infected and he has been experiencing symptoms of the disease since March 14. The store management said that their employees who got in contact with the Senator are now being quarantined.
8. A lot of celebrities in the Philippines have expressed their frustration after learning that Senator Koko Pimentel violated the protocols with regards to the enhanced community quarantine. Some of those who reacted were Agot Isidro, Angel Locsin, Enchong Dee, and Frankie Pangilinan.
9. Angel Locsin was able to raise one million pesos in one day for the benefit of the health workers who work overtime just to fight the novel coronavirus disease. The actress will use the money to set up airconditioned sleeping tents so that the medical practitioners will no longer have to worry about their accommodation and transportation.
10. A COVID-infected person from Cavite, who eventually recovered from the virus, decided to thank all the health workers who put their lives at stake just to fight COVID-19. He revealed that he spent two weeks in the hospital and he was treated well by brave medical practitioners.
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!
TikTok dance challenges are taking over social media. We are always on point in asking passers-by to dance to famous songs together with our host Andre! – Don’t forget to subscribe to HumanMeter!