1. There are 84 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus today in the Philippines. According to the Department of Health (DOH), the total number of cases in the country is now 636.
2. The Department of Health (DOH) released an update today about the number of recoveries so far and how many people have succumb to the disease. Based on the latest statistics, there are already 26 recoveries and 38 fatalities in the Philippines.
3. Senator Koko Pimentel confirmed today that he tested positive for the novel coronavirus disease. The lawmaker revealed that he tried his best to limit his movements since March 11 but he still acquired the fatal virus.
4. The Makati Medical Center has denounced the action of Senator Koko Pimentel who admitted that he tested positive for COVID-19. The lawmaker went to the said hospital to accompany his wife who was about to give birth. The hospital said: "By being in MMC, Senator Pimentel violated his Home Quarantine Protocol, entered the premises of the MMC-DR, thus, unduly exposed healthcare workers to possible infection.”
5. Enchong Dee bravely lambasted the politicians and prominent individuals who reportedly took COVID-19 tests despite not showing symptoms of the disease. The actor called all of them “VIP” or “Very Inconsiderate People.”
6. Dra. Vicki Belo and her husband Hayden Kho vowed that they will provide 1 thousand free meals every day to 20 different hospitals and local government units. This is their way of helping the medical practitioners who serve as the frontliners of the Philippines against COVID-19.
7. The daughter of the health officer from Pampanga who died of the novel coronavirus penned an emotional message on social media. She stated that she was not able to hug her father even in the last moments of his life. She also reminded other people to always tell their parents how much they love them.
8. An empty coffin was used as a barricade in the quarantine checkpoints of Barangay Mulawin in Bataan. There was a poster on top of the coffin that said: “Stay at home or stay here.”
9. A doctor from Region 3 aired a brave statement about the COVID-19 crisis that is being experienced here in the Philippines. She stated that the transmission of the virus will not stop if people will not follow the community quarantine that is being implemented.
10. KC Concepcion expressed her concern after knowing that the St. Luke’s Medical Center is already closing its doors to new COVID-19 patients. According to the actress, the government should now prioritize creating new centers with ICUs to cater to new patients.
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!
TikTok dance challenges are taking over social media. We are always on point in asking passers-by to dance to famous songs together with our host Andre! – Don’t forget to subscribe to HumanMeter!